11|Detention

Hope walked back to Gryffindor common room and found it packed, Fred and George we're giving out their prank sweets to the younger students.

Hope sat next to Harry and she could tell something was bothering him.

"Are you okay?" Hope asked him. Harry looked at her and she could see a lot of different emotions in his eyes, mainly pain and anger.

"I'm fine. Where have you been?" Harry asks her clearly lying about being okay.

Hope tells Harry about what happened with Draco and the unbreakable vow. Harry looks shocked at what happened but then he is grinning.

"You punched him in the face?" Harry asks with a smirk.

Hope nods and Harry looks amused. "Hermione punched him in third year." Harry informs her and Hope is surprised at this revelation.

"I'm not asking you to write all of it for me." They could hear Ron's voice approaching.

"Oh please." Hermione said.

"It's just, I've been busy studying for these stupid OWL exams." Ron told her.

"I'll do the introduction, that's all." Hermione tells him as they sit by Hope and Harry.

"Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met. If I'm ever rude to you again..." Ron starts.

"I'll know you've gone back to normal." Hermione finished with a smile.

Harry started looking at his book when Hermione and Hope noticed something on his hand.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Hermione asks.

"Nothing." Harry said whilst showing his other hand.

"The other hand." Hope said whilst Hermione grabbed his other hand to look at it.

They all look and see it's all scarred over with the words 'I must not tell lies.'

"You've got to tell Dumbledore." Hermione said and Hope nodded in agreement.

"No." Harry said pulling his hand back "Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. Anyway, I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction."

"Bloody hell, Harry, the woman is torturing you." Ron said.

"If the parents knew about this..." Ron started to say.

"Yeah, well, I haven't got any of those. Have I , Ron." Harry asked harshly.

Hope flinched at Harry's seemingly insensitive words. Harry noticed this and looked at her with confusion then realisation seeped through to his eyes.

"Harry, you've got to report this." Hermione said after a moment of silence. "It's perfectly simple. You're being..."

"No, it's not." Harry snaps. "Hermione, whatever this is, it's not simple. You don't understand." Harry said whilst gathering his things.

"Then help us to." Hermione asked but Harry left the room.

The three remained silent for a while then Ron went to speak with Fred and George. Hermione and Hope were both thinking of ways to deal with Umbridge when Hermione turned to look at Hope in sympathy.

"When Ron mentioned parents... I saw your face. Are you... I mean." Hermione didn't know how to ask her question.

"I'm an orphan, if that's what your asking." Hope told her friend with a sad smile.

"Sorry." Hermione said, not knowing what else to say.

"Not your fault." Hope said as a reflex.

"How did they die?" Hermione asked.