20|Theodore Nott

"You invited Cormac McLaggen?" Hope asked Hermione in shock.

Since Ron and Lavenders little display in the common room, Hope and Hermione haven't been on speaking terms with Ron.

"I just wanted to annoy Ron." Hermione admits.

"Well why not have gone with Harry, like just as friends?" Hope asked as if it were the most obvious answer.

"I know. That's what Harry suggested too, seeing as he can't exactly go with Ginny. The thought never even crossed my mind." Hermione said with a sigh.

Hope had been asked by Slughorn to attend his party so she obviously asked Draco to go with her. The party was the last night of term before the Christmas break.

Draco waited for Hope outside Gryffindor common room and when he saw her his jaw dropped. "Y-you look beautiful." He said stuttering a bit with pink cheeks.

"Thank you. You don't look that bad either." Hope said biting her lip. Draco held his arm out for her to hold and they walked arm in arm to the party.

When they arrived Hope saw that Harry was attending with Luna Lovegood.

"Hello, Hope." Luna greeted in her dreamy voice.

"Hey, Luna." Hope said with a smile.

Luna then skipped away over to where Neville was handing out some drinks. Harry and Hope smiled, eyes following the the pretty Ravenclaw.

"I'm going to speak to Blaise." Draco whispered in Hope's ear and kissed her cheek before walking over to his friend.

Just then Hope saw someone quickly run past. She realised it was Hermione, so she and Harry after the girl. They followed Hermione behind the curtains hiding them from the room.

"Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" Harry asked concernedly.

"Let me guess. We're hiding from Cormac." Hope said with a smirk as the other girl fixed her hair.

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" Harry asked disbelievingly.

"Yes." Hermione glared at Hope. "I've just escaped. I left Cormac under the mistletoe."

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." Hermione told Harry.

"He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant." Hermione said with disgust and Hope snorted.

One of the servers working the event poked their head through the curtains and held out a tray. "Dragon tartare?" He asked.

"I'll pass." Hope said.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." Hermione whispered.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." He said.

Hope and Hermione shared a look and Hermione reached for the tray. "On second thought..." she trailed off.

"Might keep Cormac at bay." She said then started eating them.

"Incoming." Hope warms when she can see the boy approaching. Hope grabs Hermione's arm and pulls her back into the room to avoid Cormac who they abandoned Harry with.

Hermione went to get a drink and Hope went to find Draco. She found him with Blaise and they both looked worried about something.