Part 27

Chapter 27

I growled at my interfering bloody brother as his words drifted across my drunken brain. He was right though I was fucking livid she had hung up on me there I was begging pouring my heart and she hung up on me. I wanted to be upset . upset I could understand but I couldn't deal with what I could deal with was this anger I was so angry. I was angry at the whole world and everyone in it. Jess being away I missed her so much it hurt and I was angry at her for making me hurt. Anger was not a good thing for us that was why I spent so much time in my alternate form. It helped as I seemed to feel less in that form which of course had to be better, well that and the fact that when I was in wolf form I didn't have to battle with my beast who wanted to rage and shout and scream I just let him go and ran fuelling my anger into my limbs and towards any small animals that unwittingly wondered into my path. The anger inside me welled up further as I heard my brothers gabble stupidly beyond the trees about how I was feeling and how to go about making me feel better. They were my brothers all of them not just my blood relatives, I would do anything for them. I mean my pack was my life and I know I'm being a jerk to them but Jessie she had just seriously fucked with my head. While my pack was life Jessie god everything in me told me that she was my mate so I must have been broken because she very obviously didn't feel what I did. I just wanted to tear my hair out in pure frustration god that girl I wanted her here, but to be honest right now I didn't know if I wanted to kiss her or kill her. I straightened up from my shift and looked into the forest knowing that is where I should go, that's what I did I ran out there until exhaustion overtook anger and I fell asleep but I didn't want to do that right now reckless sort of rage overtook me and I turned from this familiar sight and without another thought I ran towards the boundary or rather to the nearest break in the boundary. I didn't even pause here I knew deep down that I should I shouldn't do what I was going to do but alcohol and anger fuelled me to point where I couldn't reason rationally I didn't care I HAD to get out of here. So I did something that was banned I breached the boundary wall in my wolf form and I ran. Pausing only when my nose truly registered where I was, I had run into the town, that was not smart, but I wasn't going to regain my senses and turn back now I had come too far. I slipped towards ...I don't know what I was pushing towards but I slid from shadow to shadow deeper and deeper into the town closer to the town centre. My eyes were suddenly singed by too bright neon light, my wolf form finding them even more offensive than my human eyes would have been. My nose registered alcohol, a bar. The bar door clattered open loudly. panicked I slid back into the shadows and found my hackles rising instinctively as two very drunk girls staggered into the deserted parking lot holding each other up. My instinctively locked on the brunette and I bared my teeth a growl rising. It was Jessie. I snapped before the logical part of my brain kicked in no it wasn't she was two hundred miles away probably fucking her tutor right now. I tried to force his wolf eyes to actually analyse the girls features something I wasn't designed to see as a wolf, as such things aren't thought to be important to us, but as I drunk in her features it became clear to me she obviously wasn't Jessie but she did look a little like her I thought slyly as my hackles raised further and I peeled my lips back baring my teeth and emitting a soft growl. Seeming to answer my query if I had her right there I would kill her not kiss her, but she wasn't here 'but this girl is' my wolf brain told me as I shifted restlessly my eyes locked on her as I began moving silently stalking them. 'You don't want to hurt your Jessie not really' my beast muttered 'but she's a close enough substitute isn't she.' I growled peeling back my lips and snarling at these stupid giggling girls wanting to ignore my wild nature ass I'd been taught to but I was just too angry and she did look a lot like Jessie.