Part 47

Chapter 47

To my complete dismay the vodka drinking seemed to only make things worse, as it made me get rather overemotional so the second I fell asleep I was forced to watch Derek running through unfamiliar deserted city streets in his wolf form with Carl at his side as he pursued a rogues decaying trail. A growl rising in his throat as this trail maybe a day or so old but they were on their trail and they would catch them this time. I didn't know what it was that these rogues had actually done but I could see the tension in his fellows, which showed by the tension in all their postures their eyes were narrowed and their hackles raised. I followed them through the smog filled stinking alleys feeling the tension leech into me from my brothers as the scent led them on and on. When I was forced to leave them a few hours later by my beeping alarm clock they had been forced to stop by the sun cresting over the horizon as they made their way through streets of half abandoned derelict warehouses and factories that looked shockingly like the area Zac lived in. I ripped my eyes open reluctantly I wanted to stay with my boys because I was as tense as they were, and my skin and hair was thoroughly soaked with sweat. However, the worst was yet to come as predictably I had a horrendous hangover. That wasn't the worst of it though, the worst thing was that Jamie was still pissed at me and to be honest I couldn't really blame him. I mean I was forcing him to stay put by threatening to tell the Alpha about his relationship with his mate, that was low, you don't interfere between mates well not if you want to keep all your limbs in tact. After all what was he trying to do other than protect me and that's how I thanked him so I could stay put and keep shagging some rogue I'd met three times. I could apologise but I didn't bother as I'd said it the damage was done and I knew that, apologizes didn't undo the words however much I wished it could, and I could see that after about twelve hours that Ashton wished the same. He spent the whole day shooting me glances that I obviously wasn't supposed to see, and he squirmed obviously uncomfortable whenever me and Jamie were in the same room, and ominous silence stretched out between the two of us.

"Will you just like go apologise or something." Ashton snapped as Jamie came into the flat and without a word, he strode into our room and slammed the door behind him, and I bit my lip harshly as I felt my heart twist.

"no." I snapped,

"Look I don't know what happened between the two of you but he loves you."

"You don't know what I said to him."

"Whatever it is he'll get over it."

"He wont I was a bitch. I said something really bad to get my own way and I got it and now he's pissed at me."

"Look he'll get over it just apologise."

"There are some things you don't threaten people you love with."

"What did you threaten?" Ashton asked quietly,

"Emily." I whispered.

"Ooooh." Ashton said his eyes widening as he knew who she was as well as I did, "yeah your right he's not going to get over that." I groaned and Ashton being very unlike him came over to sit beside me on the sofa and wrapped an arm around my shoulder squeezing them tightly. "Although it explains the electric eel environment we have been living in.," he said brightly I giggled half-heartedly. "So your going to apologise to Jamie." I growled a vague sort of agreement, "and I'm guessing that your going to continue avoiding that um boyfriend who is still calling."

"Lets not talk about him." I groaned.

"No problem I'll add it to the list of things we don't talk about."

"Which is why this Friendship works." I said curling my legs up underneath me and cuddling into him. As the answer phone again kicked in and Derek's now familiar, angry voice boomed across the room.