Part 24

Chapter 24

I groaned quietly and contently as I awoke slowly the bright sunlight making me squint. I yawned and stretched suddenly rather firmly reminded of the fact that I was lying on the sofa as my stretch pitched me off the sofa landing heavily on the floor knocking my elbow sharply.

"Now this is why we've missed having you in the house so much." An amused voice from the doorway said. I tried to open my eyes in the dazzling light just so I could narrow them at Dean, but rather than running away intimidated he just flashed me one of his winning smiles as his eyes lazily slid over my body in an appraising sort of way. Though this action did make me aware of the fact that my limbs were entangled in a thick fleece blanket, I frowned vaguely wondering where this had come from as I made an attempt to untangle myself from the blanket while trying to maintain my dignity. I managed to achieve one of the two.

"What?" I snapped irritably as I looked up to see Dean still loitering in the doorway, his gaze lazily sweeping across the clear disarray in the room.

"Such a beautiful sight first thing in the morning I'm just savouring every detail." He said calmly,

"Well I live to amuse you." I said blandly swinging my head around slowly appreciating the level of destruction me and Derek had caused.

"If you're looking for Derek I think you broke him, he's gone for a run to recuperate." I growled in irritation and this time I managed to shoot a pretty intimidating glare with it, but he just shot me one of his beautiful smiles, "or if it's your bra you're looking for it's under the remains of what was formerly your piano chair. But you should know I reckon the guys wouldn't mind if you just went without it. I narrowed my eyes at him but that just made him chuckle as he held his hands up in a mock sort of surrender. "I'll leave you to it beautiful." He said walking away. "By the way." He called "Darius wants to speak to you."

"I'll bet he does." I muttered looking around at the devastation for a moment before taking a deep breath and stood up trying to retrieve all my scattered items of clothing.

I padded across the cold flagstones of the entrance hall wearing just my jeans and Bra, as my T-shirt was proving elusive, but thankfully I didn't encounter any of the boys on the short walk to my bed room. I smiled as I slipped into my room as I could hear Lucas gentle cries from the infirmary. I gently closed the door behind me and frowned around the room, something was wrong I didn't know what but something. Everything was more or less exactly where I expected them to be but something was wrong. I stood stock still giving intently at nothing trying to puzzle it out but when no flashes of brilliance came to me I gave a sigh and just stomped into my bathroom, smiling at the full bottles of all my shampoos and shower gels lined up in the correct order neatly along the shelf (Jamie could NOT seem to get my system and kept moving things!)

I showered but found that the hot water didn't sooth me in fact the exact opposite I found that here with the only focus being showering my mind wondered it was so quiet here, my mind started to wander and I didn't like where it was going. Before I knew it I was scouring the top level of my skin off. Then I suddenly felt tired I rubbed my now pink skin dry quickly and decided to just ignore my hair. Flinging my towel to the floor I flopped onto the top of my bed and just nuzzled my face into my pillow. Suddenly I froze my eyes snapping open as I suddenly realised what was wrong here it hit me like a slap to the face. My bed smelt like Derek, I mean my room obviously had hints of all of my bothers floating in the air but the smell of Derek here was different, he had been here. My room didn't have the abandoned empty room feel that all non used rooms had he had been here and more than that the realisation hit me he had been sleeping here. I felt tears began to slide down my cheeks as I realised what I had done.