Part 21

Chapter 21

I actually managed to make my class that morning with time to spare and I actually was awake well for the majority I mean I got the gist of what was being said although my notes didn't seem particularly clear.

"So what are you up to now?" I asked Ashton as I dragged him towards the coffee bar; if I was even going to manage the two minute walk to the car I would need caffeine to do that. He shrugged

"Just hang about."

"Next lectures not for three hours." He shrugged,

"It'll take me three quarters of an hour to get home and don't much see the point."

"You can come hang out at mine." I said with a shrug as my cup of caffeine was thankfully passed over.

"Its alright." he said shaking his head as he blushed a beautiful crimson.

"Ash are you ever going to relax?" I asked gently "I may think your cute but believe me I'm honestly not tying to fuck you." He laughed but every inch of skin I could see was now blushing furiously. "yuck." I said screwing up my features as I downed my espresso.

"Why order it if you hate it?" he asked for some bizarre reason he actually looked half interested.

"Desperate times." I said brightly

"Embracing student life already?"

"No same old same old." I said with a shrug, "Ok how about I just keep you company?"

"Another Drink?" Ashton asked vaguely I beamed,

"Excellent idea." I said "you get the seats I'll get the drinks."

"Jessie." A voice said too brightly for my liking as I sat with Ashton quietly contently watching the world go by.

"Hi Lauren." I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

"Amy." she called sitting herself down placing a large handbag on her lap. I jumped as a tiny head appeared from that bag and began snapping viciously at me. I frowned at what I could see appeared to be a tiny Dog who was japing and lunging at me viciously. "Shhh Twinkle." Lauren scolded "she's Amy's." Lauren said squinting vaguely at the dog. "a little overexcited today aren't you twinkle.' She said as if she was addressing a toddler.

"Hi babes." Amy said sitting down next to Ashton which was the only seat left available but she still glared at him for a second as if he had somehow planned this. Ashton shifted nervously and I could see him start to squirm so I quickly snapped my legs around his tightly. He frowned as I gave a little smile that clearly said 'your not going anywhere'.

"Oh dear what got twinkle in a grump." Amy said plainly deciding to pretend that Ashton was invisible as she reached over and took the bag from Lauren as the fury little thing continued to go mad while I tried to look indifferent. The truth was I knew what was wrong with her dog –me. Most animals don't like me as most animals can smell the wolf in me, Dogs seem to be especially aware of the inaccuracies in our scent we just smell wrong and they do not like it. I was pretty used to it, animals reacted this way since before I can even remember.

"So how's everyone's first day going?" Lauren asked brightly.

Me and Ashton didn't manage to escape until we actually did have a lecture to get to my god Amy and Lauren could talk. And they managed to talk me into agreeing to go to some fresher party thing at the weekend though they subtly managed to forget to issue Ashton with an invite. But this combined with the fact that I didn't know if I would even still be here on Saturday and of course the eternally present pining for Derek meant that by the time I had finished class I was furious. So I sent Jamie a voice mail telling him I'd be back home in a couple of hours and instead headed to kick the crap out of an innocent kick pad instead.