Part 28

Chapter 28

"Jess." Jamie's voice hissed jerking me out of my bizarre trance like state I had submersed myself in.

"Hi." I said managing to just lift my head and smile at him but that simple action took a lot of energy.

"You look like crap." Jamie said sitting himself on the floor next to me gently brushing my hair with his fingers "I thought you'd still be asleep."

"I think I should be the sedative...I...I can't really move to well."

"Well you should stop fighting it and go back to sleep." He said gently, I shook my head slightly. "What?" he said "what's wrong?"

"I had a ...dream."I said hesitantly, Jamie sighed

"About Derek?" I nodded.

"I don't think he's okay." I whispered Jamie smiled sedately.

"I sorted out ...twinkle and your friends are still asleep I'm going to go back to bed and leave the front door open and we'll plead ignorant."

"How did you get them to sleep that quickly?" I asked Jamie gave a wicked smile and pulled a small bottle from his pocket which he gave a playful shake. "You drugged them."

"You And Derek were arguing pretty loudly they were getting nosy so I thought it was probably for the best they were really drunk anyway." I slowly lifted my hand to rub my forehead with a groan. "He tormenting you again?" Jamie asked with a smile,

"Doesn't he always." A crash from the front room made both our heads whip around although mine was significantly slower

"I think you assimilation assistants are awake." Jamie said lightly I groaned again, and he laughed before he kissed the top of my head. "I'll go get you a coffee." I smiled

"Whatever would I do without you?" I said as he opened the door. Jamie paused before he slid out of the room.

"You'll learn to make your own Damn coffee." He said with a dazzling smile.

The remainder of the day was far from fun not that I'd expected it to be. First I had a killer hangover made worse by the fact that I still had way too many sedatives still in my system but I also had to endure a very uncomfortable morning with Jamie apologizing for something he hadn't done while Amy and Lauren glared at him for his carelessness and then made us pointlessly search the surrounding streets for her beloved dog. It was only at Lunchtime that we were allowed to abandon this endeavour. Jamie apologising again before slouching off to school and me begging that I had to go to my next class to get out of their plan to notify the police and make up Missing posters.

"Hey heavy night?" Ashton asked beaming, as I sat down next to him.

"What gave it away?"

"The fact that your five hours late for our first class." I smiled "and no offence but you only look 95% as beautiful as usual." I mock winced,

"So the concealer really didn't help." I said as our tutor walked sedately into the room. he smiled as he began to arrange his pens (his pre-class ritual) and I couldn't help but feel better everything with Derek and my friends didn't seem quite so bad while I was with Ashton already he sort of felt like another Jamie but this new fake Jamie didn't know all the bad things about me so he saw me as a lot better than I actually was and I needed that. I was snapped out of my musings by my beeping mobile I smiled apologetically at the tutor and quickly rejected Carl's call frowning why he was calling I didn't have a clue probably to back up Derek's call with another level of pestering.

"Are you going to answer that?" Ashton asked as we walked out of our classroom and I fished the ringing mobile again out of my pocket. I stared blankly at the caller id which showed that Carl was once again.