Part 49

Chapter 49

"So how was home?" Ashton asked as I laid flat out on the sofa in my bathrobe yawning as I half watched some corny chat show.

"Nice." I said leaning over and snagging half Ashton's toast.

"Yeah I could have gotten that by the dopey grin on your face. What happened with Jay?" I shrugged,

"He's still pissed at me."

"He's getting over it."

"Slowly."

"So if it's not Jamie why the dopey grin?"

"I don't have a dopey grin." Ashton picked the toast out of my hand and held it back out of my reach.

"The boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend and give me the damn toast back." Ashton smiled and passed the toast back.

"Well it's probably best if he's not your boyfriend." Ashton said calmly sitting back down in the armchair.

"What?" I asked playing along.

"You had a phone call." He said with a vague smile. "I deleted it." He said as my eyes instinctively flicked to the answer phone. Ashton slid his hands into the pocket of his threadbare jeans pulling out a crumpled piece of paper, which he balled up and threw at me. I smoothed it out and got as far as hey baby its Zac before I balled the paper up again and flung the small ball into the waste paper basket. Ashton raised an eyebrow at me quizzically but didn't say anything. He got up and walked out of the room pausing only to kiss me on the forehead. I frowned at this unusual gesture from him but Ashton finally didn't seem to find this sort of level of affection as a source of discomfort as he just strode out without even missing a step.

"You should get dressed." Ashton called from the hallway "class in a couple of hours."

"Jess?" Ashton called through my door,

"yep." I called as I roughly combed my fingers through the tangles in my wet hair. Ashton opened the door and started as he spotted me stood there in my bra and jeans. "Oh." I said realising that he wasn't one of my brothers and so wasn't okay with that sort of thing. I grabbed a vest top and dragged it on over my head.

"You have a call." He said all but flinging the buzzing piece of metal at me and all but running from the room. I smiled affectionately at him for just a second before I gabbed the phone and flipped it open, as I didn't recognize the number that flashed up on the caller id screen.

"Hello." I said into the silent line.

"Well hello princess I missed you." Zac purred down the line.

"How the hell did you get this number?"

"I have my ways and means princess." He said as always his subtle accent curling the s on princess in a way that made my skin tingle. "Its not hard if your determined. And believe me you're a pretty effective motivation." He purred,

"Look what do you want?"

"Right now? ...you." I growled lightly,

"I'm busy."

"And I'm bored come fuck me." He whined. There was another knock at the door.

"Yeah." I called; Ashton's head appeared around the doorframe,

"Jess um, I um...you have a phone call. It's um... Derek... you know the guy that hates me." I bit my lip guilt suddenly eating up at me,

"Um tell him I'm...um ....out."