Part 55

Chapter 55

"Derek, Derek calm down." I said placidly as he flung a small table across the room, which shattered against the far wall. "Derek." I said firmly as he began throwing heavy books across the room. He was crazy right now, I knew that but as well as I knew the fact that he would not hurt me; I was in control of his off switch. I had known him my whole life I generally understood everything that was going on in his head and so I knew how to calm him well as much as anyone could in the circumstances. "Derek." I said firmly grabbing his wrist gently but he froze from the soft pressure and turned to look at me breathing heavily.

"I Cant." he snarled, but I had him already.

"Dare." I said placidly twisting to keep our eyes locked together, "listen to me. We will find them. We're stronger than they are. We will"

"How ... when?" he snapped cutting me off.

"Look they are still here. We will find them."

"We've been hunting for nearly a week and we have found shit. And they know they fucking know it." Derek shouted, I reached over and brushed a hand through his hair but didn't know what to say to him simply because he was right. Those rogues were playing with us, we knew they were still around and had been hunting for them but we had found squat and their response had been to gloat to take another girl bite her and leave her outside our front gate, the camera footage showing us nothing of interest or use. By the time, we found the girl she was barely alive Kate had tried but after two days, she just died. Poor Vivian seemed the most horrified by this. The problem with hunt was that only Dean, Carl and Derek knew the scents of those we were hunting. And of course, those boys were our hunters so if the trail split at all we were forced to split our hunters. We didn't like to split up and we weren't used to it, as usually the rogues worked alone. Despite the fact that we were freaked already by the simple fact that there were four of them and when we did find a trail which was unusual it was light and scattered through the busy streets they seemed to be staying close to high areas of human habitation probably purely to camouflage their scents. And wherever it was that they were staying they seemed to have found what thy needed without requiring to leave the house much.

"We will find them."

"How?" Derek bellowed, "news flash we've been looking but they are hidden away down their fucking hedihole."

"Then we'll have to flush them out." I said simply I saw Derek's fists clench the muscles still taut in his jaws. A siren like a smoke alarm blared through the house. Instinctively both me and Derek looked at the ceiling stupidly.

"Shit." Derek snarled as metal blinds began to rattle down over the windows.

"Lock down." Geoff shouted running through the entrance hall, which was suddenly alive with the sound of running feet.

"Lock down." I said incredulously. Darius poked his head into the library,

"Jessica." He hissed extending a hand to me "come on" I took his hand and Derek pulled me strongly out of the room.

"Derek." I said over my shoulder "Derek. DEREK." My voice became a Shout as I realised he wasn't following. I wrestled against Darius who was half carrying half me towards the secret panel, which had now been swung aside.

"Derek." Darius snarled. He shook his head,

"No way I'm going to go hide down there like a rat in a trap while their here they are the ones we have been searching for. "Derek snarled. Darius whistled Andrew and Dean came to take me from Darius' arms. I screamed and flailed around trying to free myself from them, I wasn't leaving Derek, Dean was instantly complaining as I managed to punch him pretty well on the nose as they struggled to get me into the 'chamber'. I could still hear Darius growl over my ear-splitting protests.