Part 68

Chapter 68

"Aaah don't they look adorable." A voice I vaguely recognized said, 'Bethany' my brain cautioned me I snapped my eyes open but before I could do anything I was pinned to the cold dark stone beneath me, and I felt a sharp jab at my elbow. I cried out as I released what they had injected me again. Arms were wrapped around me and I was hauled out of Derek's embrace .I tried to protest but already my limbs felt like water and my vision was beginning to blur. I was shoved not gently against the wall I felt bonds being tightened around my wrists and ankles again. I hissed at my captors but this only got a weak sigh.

"Bless." Christian said wrapping a blanket around my shoulders again as my head lolled and I felt myself slipping off towards sleep.

"Derek." I muttered,

"Don't worry he's fine or he will be more or less we don't want him dead its bad PR."

"What?" I said groggily,

"We knew Zac couldn't kill him Zac is...was an idiot and Derek's an enforcer we knew He'd kill Zac although it was technically you that killed him. We didn't expect him to have a gun I don't know where he got that. Anyway I digress you two are like the mascots for the pack. I mean Dare's like second in command now and you're his mate so soon the two of you will be the alpha male and female. And lets face it the two of you are so cute your little childhood sweethearts. Basically this is what we wanted the two of you at our mercy."

"Why?" I asked groggily

"Just rest sweetheart we'll get to that later." He said gently kissing me on the forehead as the drugs in my system won out washing over me dragging me into unconsciousness.

How long I was out in the drug induced haze was impossible to tell but I could frequently regain consciousness for a few seconds, though seemingly without conscious awareness unable to retain anything or even process what I was hearing until I heard Christian and Beth's raised voices.

"I am going to tear those fuckers apart." Bethany snarled, Christian chuckled,

"He screwed you and we can't exactly protest about that because lets face it we were planning on doing the same."

"I don't care he was supposed to pay the fucking ransom not steal one of my men who went to collect it." I was distracted by a burning pain in my wrists which made me squirm uncomfortably.

"He doesn't expect you to release her."

"Well now I defiantly won't." Bethany said sulkily

"Look if he got Eric." Christian began tentatively,

"You think he'll talk."

"Yep." Christian said simply "which means they could be here in hours."

"Fuck it." Bethany snarled and I heard a loud boom as she clearly hit something. But I couldn't help but feel a little smug about the fact that my pack had screwed her plan, which was something she had forgotten Christian understood in the pack we were loyal to the death kind of thing, these rogues were loyal to nobody and nothing, if the pack hurt them, they'd fold.

"Look we can't move them they won't co-operate and the two of them together."

"Hmmm." Bethany said thoughtfully, "how's Derek?"

"Alive we sorted his wounds. He's practically healed but he's not going to try anything so long as we keep Jess away from him."

"Hmmm maybe we should bring him here and let the two of them chat."

"What?"

"I'm just thinking maybe he should know some things if this is where his allegiance lies."