2. Absence

Two hours later, he was home. The stuffiness in his nose, the sore throat and the congestion he felt in his chest were all signs he was getting sick.

He had basically been underdressed for the past eight hours as the cold played with his body as it pleased.
"Two hours-...where's your coat?"

"Ah...my classmate was cold so I lended it to her. Then I walked her home. She lives in Sapporo street....sorry I'm late..can you yell at me tomorrow, my feet are killing me" Naruto said all in one swoop.

"Go take a hot shower, come downstairs for dinner" Iruka didn't know what to do with the blond. If he were to yell at him then he'd be telling him not to be nice and kind. Not to mention, it was Naruto's birthday. Although, Naruto hadn't celebrated his last three birthdays.

"Hai" Naruto replied sleepily he slipped off his shoes and went upstairs. Iruka soon heard the water running but the sound of Naruto's coughing was too loud to be covered by water.

He froze in place for a second before going to the bathroom upstairs, searching the medical cabinet, in the concoction of medication he had there he couldn't find the ones he needed.
So he texted Kakashi. "Naruto got sick, I know it's really late but I don't want to leave him alone"

"Whaddaya need?" The message soon popped. Iruka sent the names and received a reply instantaneously. "Got it. Be there ASAP"

Iruka walked out of the bathroom, he finished reheating the dinner for the blond and took it upstairs just in time to find him out of the shower.
"Sorry Iruka," Naruto stated absent mindedly as he plopped on bed.

The brunet said nothing as he fed the blond teen in front of him.
This all just reminded the social worker of when he had just first taken Kurama and Naruto. The way he had to feed Naruto and teach him how to use utensils correctly.

"Kakashi is bringing the meds...tomorrow we'll go see a doctor okay?"

"Ha-ai" his voice broke, he cleared his throat but ended up having a coughing fit.

"I'll make you some honey lemon tea," he plumped the pillows and laid Naruto against them.

The blond teen didn't seem to really care as he just drifted to sleep. Iruka took the bed table downstairs, he could still hear him cough and it kept getting worse and worse. The man counted the intervals between the fits.

When they have gotten too close to one another he turned off the kettle, honey tea wasn't going to help.

🍙🍥🍙🍥🍙

Sasuke jerked in bed as he heard the sudden sound of thunder.
"You okay baby brother?"

"Yes....god I hate thunder." Sasuke sighed and he tightened his hold on Itachi's hand when he heard the second one.
"Aniki" without vocalizing the request, Itachi had understood from the whiny tone of his brother.

"Alright alright...I'm getting in bed" the man chuckled as he got on the bed "aren't you a bit too old for this?"

"Shut up." Sasuke cuddled to him closer like he used to when he was a kid. His fear of thunder was something he never outgrew.

Itachi could only spend the night because the doctor had encouraged their parents allow them to have this. So of course since they were put in the spot they agreed.
"Sasuke, you told me before...they only care for you in front of others....ya know that blond kid...the clown..."

"What does he have to do with them?" Sasuke was sleepy but mentioning Naruto kept him awake.

"Well before he came to me...he apparently went to them....I remember he said something that day which I haven't really given much thought..."