33. Namikaze-Uzumaki (Part 4)

Kushina knew Naruto would be her last child. After all right after she gave birth she went through an invasive procedure removing her ovaries, fallopian tubes and womb.

There was no way she could ever get pregnant ever again.
But, that wasn't entirely a bad thing. Because it was that same surgery that gave her the chance to beat cancer.

At the same time, they fought a battle in court against the hospital. Although it was a bad case of malpractice, it was her word against that of a doctor. Not any doctor, but one who had a powerful legal team at his side. The latter only confessed to making a mistake by not double checking the miscarriage test. A test which they didn't conduct at all and ended up forging the evidence of for court.

He denied ever having the conversation where he had urged her to get a hysterectomy. He denied knowing she was pregnant, there was no evidence she had to prove otherwise.

So with all the fake evidence the court was handed, Kushina and Minato have lost the case as the court dubbed it an unfortunate coincidence that miraculously ended well.

They repealed three times but every single time they lost. They couldn't prove that the actions of the doctor were done with a bad intention. The medical board didn't revoke his license and he got out of there with that same smug look Minato received that cold February night.

They did their best. Yet, it still wasn't enough. Everytime Naruto had as much as a small cough, they would worry, because studies have linked many serious medical issues with fetus subjection to chemotherapy drugs.

95% of babies exposed to radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the first trimester suffered from serious deformities. Naruto was subjected to that for approximately six months.

This is without taking into consideration the unlikely effects that each drug could separately have. Mortality rate amongst  enfants exposed to these lethal substances was a regrettable 100%.
That's why it was illegal to go through cancer treatment while pregnant.

But even those statistics were ignored in court. Minato and Kushina were living in fear of losing their son too soon.
Because what the court saw was a healthy baby whose medical exam and observation turned no worrisome results.

Two years after that, Naruto got sick. It wasn't the first time, but this was the first sudden inexplicable fever he gets.

Kushina didn't think much of it at the time, fever usually is one of the first symptoms of many illnesses. She watched him sleep cuddling to his favourite teddy bear. She kissed him and walked out.

"How is he today?" Minato struggled with his tie

"Peacefully sleeping. Still no cough or runny nose, itchiness or anything else really. Just a fever, I gave him something for it, so it should be down soon." His wife started fixing it for him. "We're going to the doctor later today"