20. Differences

It was around eleven in the evening when Sasuke got a text from Naruto.
Usuratonkachi: "Can't come tomorrow, I'm grounded because of the school fight"

"I can come over"

Usuratonkachi: "No company allowed 😭😭😭 torture"

"Dramatic as always, Usuratonkachi" Sasuke chuckled as he read the text. "We can study online?"

Usuratonkachi: "I think so 🙄🙄🙄"

"Okay, then. We'll text. Gnight"

Usuratonkachi: "Night, Teme"

Sasuke smiled to himself and turned to watching the movie with his brother.
"Was that Blondie?" The oldest of the two asked.

"His name is Naruto, Aniki" the raven sighed "yeah...that was him. He's grounded so he can't come tomorrow"

"Good"

"Did you even hear what I said, Niisan" Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he can't come...I get to spend time with you"

"I have studies to-....are you jealous, Niisan?"

"Well...he is spending so much time with his big brother...I don't see why mine has to just throw me under the bus "

"Itachi, you can't be serious" Sasuke chuckled finding it amusing. "Okay first of all I love you so much and I'd choose you any given day. Second of all his brother recently woke up from a coma...remember when I almost died how close we got after that? I'm sure they're not always that close"

Itachi tousled his brother's hair not asking about Naruto's sibling. Though the teen had noticed it sparked his interest when he mentioned a coma.
"I'm not going to lose you, you're going to get better. Monday, you're coming with me. You're going to be examined by the chief oncologist in my work place."

Sasuke sighed entertaining his brother "so in other words, I have to redo all the tests I've had done so far." The teen found the repetition pointless, whenever he changed doctors he had to redo all the tests. And some of those biopsies were not only painful but could lead to fatal side effects.

"No" Itachi informed "she's not redoing all of them. Only a blood sample and a bone marrow biopsy"

"My favourite" he sarcastically said in a happy tone but it weighed him down right after. "If she can't help. I want to be off meds. I don't want any more pointless chemotherapy sessions"

"You don't get a saying in that. Your cancer is not terminal"

"It's getting there. What? Another four months before it hits stage four? Maybe even earlier"

"Sasuke, stop it" Itachi knew just how right the teen was.

"Then what? I get another four months to live? Would be really lucky if I get to live to be eighteen-..."

"I said stop it, Sasuke! You're not going to die!" He held on to the hem of his little brother's shirt and pulled him close crying in his arms "why do you want to leave me?!"