Judge, Jury, Executioner

The boy sat there panting as his hands were tied behind his back. All he had to do was give us the answers that we wanted. Daryl swung at the kid and he collapsed onto his side. He let out a few silent sobs. Daryl swung at him again and then again.

I stayed where I stood. Arms crossed, death glance on my face. This kid was about to meet death and his friend real quick if he didn't start talking, and Daryl was just the friend.

"I told you-" Randall started.

"You told me shit!" Daryl screamed and grabbed him by the collar forcing Randall to sit up. Daryl slammed him against the board and then backed away. 

"I barely knew those guys. I met 'em on the road." He told us as if he were begging for his life. Well, technically he was seeings as Rick would make the decision tonight.

Daryl went to go take a swing at the kid but I put my arm out and he stopped. The kids legs were all the way extended. I took the time to kneel down with my knees digging into his thighs. 

"How many guys in your group?" Daryl asked from behind me. No response. I could hear Daryl take his knife out and that was when the kid started saying no as many times as possible. Daryl slammed the knife down in between his legs and I looked at the kid again. I grabbed him by the face, he started yelping. Good, I got right where Daryl clocked him in the face.

"How many in your group?" I repeated the question. I let go of his face making sure to throw his head to the side.  

"Uh, 30. 30. 30 guys." He told us frantic for us to just leave him alone.

"Where?" Daryl asked. I heard him rip some type of tape off. It was where he got the surgery.

"I don't know. I swear. We were never anyplace for more than a night." By the look of horror on Randall's face I knew that Daryl had his knife over incision.

"Scouting? Planning on staying local?" Daryl asked.

"I--I don't know. They---they left me behind." He said it as if we were supposed to care.

"Did you ever pick off a scab?" Daryl asked and I knew what his next step would be. As long as it wasn't thrown at me I was fine with it.

"Come on, man! I'm--I'm trying to cooperate." He pleaded, he really thought Daryl would stop that easy. We were here to get answers not to just play with the kid and leave. We had a job and we were gonna get it done.

"Start real slow at first. Sooner or later, you've just gotta rip it off." Daryl was going around my shoulder so he could get more in the kids face.

"Okay, okay. They have weapons--heavy stuff, automatics. But I didn't do anything." He told us and it sounded like he might start to cry.

"Your boys shot at my boys, tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride? You're trying to tell me you're innocent?" Daryl asked him. There was no way this kid was innocent. 

"Ain't nobody got nothin' but dirt on there hands these days, we all know that. But you still want to plead your innocence?" I asked him and he viciously nodded his head.

"Yes! These-these people took me in. Not the guys--a whole group of 'em. Men and women,-" Both me and Daryl stood up. We walked a few feet away and turned our backs towards the kid.

"-kids too--just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But...we got out, scavenge--just the men. One night we--we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters--teenagers, you know? Real young. Real cute.-" I felt Daryl's eyes hot on my head. Oh, yeah, but he still wanted to plead his innocence.