Crossed

"Why do I feel like something is missing?" I looked behind me and Daryl sat next to me on the stairs. I looked forward again and continued to rest my head on my knees.

"Jess?" He asked and leaned his head towards mine. I glanced at him and looked forward again.

"I could be asking you the same thing." I whispered. 

"I know that people are missing. Did they go on runs? Everybody's acting weird, including you, and I know it's not just cause I was missin." Daryl pointed out.

"Bob got bit at the pantry, the people who ate 3/4 of his leg came back when it was only me and a few of the others. They waited until almost everybody was gone. But also before that, Abraham refused to stay because it was dangerous for Eugene, the only way they would stay with us through the night is if Glenn and Maggie went with them the next day. So if it seems like people are missing, it's because they are." I told him and Daryl sat back with a sigh.

"What happened when they came into the church?" He asked angrily.

"It doesn't matter, they're gone now."

"Did you kill em?"

"Only the ones I had to." 

"Are you gonna take the cross too?" Gabriel asked as Daryl walked out with the pipes from the piano thing. 

"If we need it." Daryl told him and we each stabbed them into the ground. I stabbed it into the ground and looked at Gabriel.

"You don't have to like the things we do, you don't have to tolerate them. But we're saving you and you're going to accept it. Whether or not I killed people along with the others inside your church. It doesn't mean anything to me, God obviously doesn't care right now. If you thought they were actually gonna let you go, just walk out, your stupid." I told him and picked up another pipe.

The banging could be heard from the people putting boards on the windows and Sasha taking the ax to the chairs. 

Everything was done and Rick was saying his good-bye's before we were ready to go. He was the last one too. 

Rick started to walk out and the rest of us started towards the van. They shut the doors and Rick walked towards us. 

Sasha zoned out and only came back once she noticed Tyreese staring at her. It was the first time since it happened that she's had enough time to rethink. 

"Yeah?" She asked and we had all been worried about her. It made sense but we were worried.

"You know I've been there." Tyreese said.

"I know." Sasha said and looked back.

"Bob, he would have wanted--" Tyreese started.

"Don't. I'm sorry. Please, don't. Okay?" Sasha asked and it was a silent yes from her brother. I sat slightly diagonal from her and I looked back out the front windshield.

"At sundown we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on of of the staircases, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out." Rick told us.

"How?" Tyreese asked him.

"He slits his throat. This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons. We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, take them. Daryl, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. I got Dawn. Jess, you get them and don't let anybody stop you, take out whoever you need. Try to be silent like at the church. If they're smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be five on three. Six on three once we get a weapon to Beth." Rick told us.