30 Days Without An Accident//Season 4

Early mornings meant another day of work.

I put my headphones in first and then I grabbed a piece of gum. I threw the wrapper away and then went into the fields to work. 

Rick walked out and I nodded to him, he nodded back with a smile.

We sat there working side by side for a long time, both of us listening to our own music.

Rick dug up a gun and I looked at him, he didn't have much reaction to it. Except a grim look and then throwing it into the wheelbarrow. The walkers caught his attention but I just went back to work.

The pig pen, the horse pen, the new gate by the main entrance, the water system, the food, the garden, the people, it was what we were able to create since Woodbury.

"You didn't wake me up." I took out my earbuds and Carl walked towards us.

"We knew you were up all night reading comics with a flashlight." Rick told him and I laughed. It was exactly what Carl had been doing. I walked up the hill and Carl put his hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Your not going on the run, are you?" He asked. Lately he seems to keep getting worked up about the thought of me going out on runs.

"No, Carl, I'm staying here." I walked up the hill the rest of the way and saw the pavilion.

"Hey, Carol." I said.

"Hello, Jess." She told me with a smile. I was standing against the piece of wood holding the pavilion up. Carol was cooking the deer Daryl had cooked when he started to walk over. 

I walked away from the pavilion so I could wash my hands. There were many voices welcoming Daryl into the pavilion. I walked back and I looked at Carol.

"Jee, Carol, what are we gonna do? We have to share our Daryl." I said and looked at Carol.

"You two need to stop." Daryl told us but it just invited us to do it more. Carol nudged my elbow and laughed.

"Maybe we'll have to fight for him." Carol said and I nodded my head in agreement. Daryl rolled his eyes at us and I pointed to the food Carol shook her head.

"I'm gonna go see if Judith is up." I told Carol. She was cooking the meat when I stole a piece, she tried to slap my hand away but she was to slow.

"Ha! Did it again. Carol, you gotta be faster, next time." I told her and she looked like she was going to throw something at me.

"Or don't do it next time." She said and I looked at her confused.

"Where would the fun be in that? Okay, seriously though, I gotta go get Judith." I said and started to walk away.

"Hey!" I turned hot on my heels.

"Yes, Brother?" I asked and he held his arms open. I walked into them with a sigh.

"Dont-*over dramatic sigh*-me." Daryl told me and I looked up at him.

"Okay-*over dramatic sigh*-Daryl." He laughed at me.

"Go." He told me and pushed me away.

I went to Judith's crib and leaned over the side.

"Is somebody awake?" I asked and she giggled. I played peek a boo for a second and then I picked her up in my arms.

I made a bottle with one hand while Judith was in the other tracing my skin. The bottle was done and I walked over to the pavilion. Everybody said 'hello' once again and I gave Judith the bottle. Daryl walked over from wherever he went.

"You seen the fence?" He asked and I hung my head down.

"Yes, yes, yeah, I know, I'm sorry." I told him and he cupped his hand under my chin.