Indifference

"Jess! Somebody's here for you!" I faintly heard somebody call to me and I stood up and walked to the visitor area with the glass.

Rick was standing there looking at me. He looked angry and upset. 

"They're not back yet and it's too late to tell you to get out of there." Rick said and I rolled my eyes. He sat down and I stayed standing.

"I also talked to Carol." Rick told me and I stepped towards the glass.

"She did it, didn't she?" I asked and Rick nodded his head. Oh, my god. I knew it, wow. They all thought I was going crazy.

"She admitted it to me. My suspicion started when your brother told me you got in her face at the meeting. From what he told me you said and then me digging some more, you helped me find the killer. I asked her and she just told me." Rick said and I nodded.

"Well, at least now we know. And Tyreese is gone so that gives us more time to plan." I told Rick and he nodded.

"You had every right to say that to me--when Hershel was fixing my hand." Rick told me.

"Yeah, I know." I told him and he smiled.

"Well, at least you didn't lose you in there. Have you had any time to rest?" Rick asked and I shook my head.

"There's always something to do in here. I like it." I told Rick and he went to stand up.

"All right, if you have any ideas find me. But I'll come here when I get the plan and I'll okay it with you." Rick told me and I nodded. He kissed his hand and put it against the glass before leaving.

"Jess! Back to the area!" I sighed and walked back out of the cell. The question had been burning me up alive. I was really hoping it would be Rick at the area.

I walked down there and gave a sigh of relief when I saw him standing there.

"You look exhausted." He told me. Rick had come to see me last night and I hadn't really slept since then, I haven't slept at all.

"Yeah, they're keeping me busy and that's what I like. So I'm not complaining. What's the plan?" I asked and he looked back down at his hand.

"I'm taking her on a run." Rick said.

"Rick, do whatever you have to, to keep us safe. Let me know how it goes when you get back." I told him and he nodded his head. Rick kissed his hand and put it against the glass again before leaving.

"Get some rest!" He told me as he walked away.

I walked up the stairs and grabbed onto the railing to hold myself up. My head felt like it was pounding. It wasn't sickness, I knew that.

"Jessie, when was the last time you slept?" I looked up at Hershel was looking down at me. I pulled myself up and walked up the stairs.

"I'm fine." I told him.

"Your no help to these people if you can barely walk. You need sleep." He told me and I kept walking.

"No, I need my people to be safe." I told him and made sure the thermos was still in my pocket. Hershel sighed and I knew he'd be back to get on my case later, but for now I would be helping our people.