The Journey Begins!

A view of a beautiful morning sky is shown as a small flock of Spearow fly across the sky. It then pans down to reveal a small town. A couple dozen small houses are in this town and all of them have red roofs and are colored light grey. One of this houses is located on a hill overlooking the town and is colored yellow with a grey roof and has a fence surrounding the outskirts of it. This town is called Pallet Town and it is where we will begin our story. 

        A Poliwhirl is shown using Body Slam against a Dragonite only for Dragonite to dodge the attack causing Poliwhirl to take damage from hitting the ground too hard. Poliwhirl tries to use Mega Kick only to get blown back by Dragonite's Dragon Pulse. Poliwhirl hits Dragonite in the face with Mega Punch and Dragonite uses Thunder to cause severe damage to Poliwhirl.  It then pans out to show that the battle is being shown on a tv and is being watched by a black haired boy with glasses, a green t-shirt, black shorts, green shoes with black socks, and a green cap. 

       Mitch Harper turns ten years old today meaning that he can be given his first Pokemon and start his journey. " Mitch, breakfast is ready, you don't want to be late for your appointment with Professor Oak," yells someone from downstairs. " I'm coming mom and there's no way I would miss my chance at getting a starter Pokemon," Mitch yells back to his mother as he turns off his tv and rushes out of his room and down the stairs into the kitchen. Mitch quickly gulps down a few pancakes and two glasses of orange juice before darting up from the table and grabbing his light green backpack from the kitchen counter. 

       " Bye mom, if I have some time between winning my eighth badge and battling in the Indigo League, i'll stop bye and see you," he says while hugging her. He quickly runs to the door, opens it, and runs towards Professor Oak's lab.  The lab is the big house that is on top of the hill and Mitch quickly runs up the stairs and meets two other people that are waiting outside the front door. 

         One of them is a blond haired girl with a purple dress, pink hat, yellow shoes, and white socks and the other is a brown haired boy with a black shirt, brown pants, black shoes, and grey socks. Alexandra and Joe share a birthday with Mitch and they are also getting their first Pokemon today. He has different relationships with both of them as Alexandra has been his friend and Joe has been his rival/bully. " Took, you long enough, loser!, " Joe yells. " Hush, Joe, at least he's here,"  Alexandra politely says back to him while giving Mitch a friendly hug. The door to the lab opens and out comes Professor Oak.

          " Joe! Alexandra! Mitch! Happy birthday to all three of you! Are you ready to choose your first Pokemon?," he exclaims. " Yes!," all three of them at the same. He leads them through the lab and to a small table with three Poke Balls on it. Oak presses the release buttons on all of the Poke Balls. " Bulba, Bulbasaur," Bulbasaur grumbles, Char, Charmander," Charmander exclaims, Squirt, Squirtle," Squirtle yells. " So, which Pokemon do you kids choose," Oak asks. " I choose you," they all three say with Alexandra pointing at Bulbasaur, Mitch pointing at Charmander, and Joe pointing at Squirtle. All three of the starters jump with joy at being chosen. Oak hands them the Poke Balls that belong to their starters and gives all three of them some extra Poke Balls and a Pokedex. " Good luck on your travels," Oak says as Alexandra and Joe return their Pokemon and leave the lab.

        Mitch uses his Pokedex on his Charmander, " Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon, The flame on Charmander's tail tip indicates how the Pokemon is feeling. It flares up in a fury when Charmander is angry," the mechanical device explains. " Alright, Charmander let's go," Mitch says while pointing Charmander's Poke Ball at it. However, Charmander dodges the beam of energy that comes out of the ball. " Well, it lets like Charmander wants to travel next to you, " Oak explains. " Charmander, Char," Charmander says as it agrees with Oak.

        Mitch and Charmander leave the lab and make their way out of Pallet Town. As they enter the wild, something jumps out of a bush and lands in front of them, " What's that," Mitch exclaims while grabbing his Pokedex. " Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokemon, Poliwag's skin is so thin that you can see right through it to the Pokemon's spiral- shaped insides. It's not very skilled at walking on land, but a trainer can help it get better,". " Ok, here we go," Mitch yells as he throws a Poke Ball at the Poliwag.