Shellder and the Freezing Mountain

The grassland that Mitch and Charizard have been walking through has turned into a more rugged and rocky terrain and the elevation has slowly begun to rise as the temperature has started dropping the higher they go to the point that snow and ice is starting to appear. Mitch finishes putting on a thick dark green hoodie and some black pants before he and Charizard look at the map and guide book. " It looks like they call this place Ice Cube Mountain because of how cold it gets around here. Apparently, the temperature towards the top of the mountain is always below zero. At the very top there is a lake that is said to hold one of the highest wild populations of Shellder and Cloyster in the world," Mitch says as he looks up Shellder and Cloyster on his Pokedex. 

                           " Shellder, the Bivalve Pokémon, the hardness of its shell surpasses the hardness of a diamond. In days gone by, people used the shells to make shields." " Cloyster, the Bivalve Pokémon, the Evolved Form of Shellder, excavations of the tombs of ancient hunting tribes have turned up many spears tipped with spikes that had fallen off this Pokémon's shell."  Mitch closes his Pokedex and puts it back into his pocket as he and Charizard begin to make their way up the mountain. However, after a few minutes of walking, they both sense the presence of something behind them and quickly turn around to face it. Charizard prepares to use Metal Claw and Mitch prepares to throw Primeape's Poke Ball, but they stop once they see that it's just a young and scared looking Shellder. " Shhhhhhhelllllldeeer," it cries out in a scared tone as it jumps and hides behind a rock. Mitch walks up to the scared and shivering Shellder and gently rubs the top of its shell. As Shellder begins to calm down, Mitch decides to ask it a question. " So, are you a Shellder that lives in the lake at the top of the mountain and if you are, how did you end up down here?" 

                    " Shell, Der, Der," it replies with a little grin before it hops up on the rock that t is hiding behind and falls off on purpose. " So, you're saying that you are from the top of the mountain, but you fell off the edge and ended up down here," Mitch asks as Shellder nods in agreement. " Well, since we're already going that way and you seem to be having some trouble, would you like us to help you reach the top of the mountain?" " Shell, Der, Shellder, Der," it happily cries out as it bounces up and down. " Well, let's go," Mitch says as he scoops Shellder up in his arms and begins to walk up the mountain with Charizard following close behind.

................................................................................................................................................................

         Mitch, Charizard, and Shellder are nearing the center of the mountain when " Feeeeeeaaaaroooooow," a Fearow slams into Mitch's side, knocking him to the ground and causing Shellder to go flying. " Sheeeelllllldeeeer," it cries as it flies through the air with the Fearow flying after it with its talons outstreched to grab it. However, " Chaarrrrrrrrriiiizaaaaaaard," Charizard slashes its glowing purple and extended by a few inches claws into Fearow's side. " Feaaaaarooooow," it cries out in pain from the Dragon Claw attack before it flies off in fear. Thanks to its hard shell, Shellder lands harmlessly on the ground as Mitch gets back to his feet. Mitch and Charizard walk up to a slightly scared looking Shellder and Mitch bends down to check on it. " Are you okay, Shellder," Mitch asks in a concerned tone. Without warning, Shellder screams, " Sheeeeeelldeeeer," and begins firing multiple small ice spikes out of its mouth. A confused Mitch and Charizard quickly dart out of the way of the incoming Icicle Spear attack and it ends up hitting Shellder's intended target, the Fearow from before that has flown around for a sneak attack. " Feaaaaaaaroooow," it cries as the Super Effective attack hits it in the face and chest and forces it to fly away for the last time. " Thanks for that, Shellder," a smiling Mitch says as he picks it back up to continue their trek up the mountain. 

................................................................................................................................................................           Night has fallen and the trio has been forced to stop traveling for the night in order to make camp. " Use Flamethrower," Mitch says as Charizard uses the attack to create a campfire before it lazily sits down next to its trainer as he hands it an apple. Mitch grabs two more apples before he sees that Shellder is sitting far away from them. Mitch takes a bite out of his apple before he gets up and walks over to the young Water Type. ( Can someone please explain why Shellder is a pure Water Type and not Water/ Ice) Mitch sats down next to Shellder causing it to jump slightly in fear. " It's okay, its just me, are you hungry," he says as he places an apple in front of it. Shellder smells the apple for a few seconds before it takes a small nibble, gets a surprised look on its face, and quickly begins to wolf the apple down as Mitch chuckles at its new behavior. In about a minute, Shellder has finished the apple and it lets on a big yawn before it looks at Mitch, smiles, jumps into Mitch's lab, and falls asleep in a few minutes. " Good night, Shellder," Mitch says as he pats the top of its shell before gently scooping it up into his arms and walking back over to the campfire.

................................................................................................................................................................            The three of them reach the top of Ice Cube Mountain and Mitch quickly spots the lake full of Shellder and Cloyster. Mitch sits Shellder down on the ground in front of him and bends down to pat the top of its shell. " Well. looks like we got you back home! It was nice traveling up the mountain with you and maybe we can come back and see you sometime, but for now I think its time we said goodbye," Mitch says as he and Charizard turn to walk down the other side of the mountain. However, before they can get too far away, " Sheeeeeellllldeeer." Shellder fires a few Icicle Spears that land in front of Mitch, forcing him to stop as he turns around to look at Shellder with a confused look on his face. " What are you doing," he asks as Shellder begins to bounce up and down with a pleading look in its eyes, " Shellder, Shell, Shell, Der, Shellder, Der, Shellder, Shell, Shell," it pleadingly cries out. " Okay, I think I know what you want," Mitch says as he grabs a Poke Ball from his backpack and throws it at Shellder. The ball hits Shellder above its eyes and sucks it in as the capture noise goes off after a few seconds. Mitch walks up to Shellder's ball and sends it to Professor Oak's lab using the button on his Pokedex before he and Charizard begin their trek down the other side of Ice Cube Mountain.