The Snoring Roadblock

Mitch and Charmeleon have stopped at a video call phone booth to talk to Professor Oak. After defeating Erika and earning the Rainbow Badge,  Mitch traveled back to Lavender Town and went south from there, he is currently on the Silence Bridge. " Congratulations on your fourth badge, but what I think you need to be doing is catching more Pokemon. You just have seven ( Charmeleon, Pidgey, Mankey, Beedrill, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Gastly) while Alexandra and Joe have over double that," Oak says. Mitch gets an anxious look on his face and says " Don't worry Professor, I'm going to catch as many Pokemon as I can," " Now that's what I like to hear, Good luck on your travels to Fuchsia City," Oak excitedly as he hangs up.  Mitch exits the phone booth and looks down at a sunbathing Charmeleon " You ready to go," " Char, Char, Meleon." 

................................................................................................................................................................

                A few hours later, Mitch and Charmeleon are still on the Silence Bridge, but their travels are about to be halted. A shadow covers both of them, but they manage to back up enough to see that the shadow is being cast by a large mass that is blocking the path. " What is that," Mitch asks after seeing that the mass is breathing. " Lax, Lax, Snor, Lax, Lax," the clearly sleeping mass snores as Mitch pulls out his Pokedex to see what it is. " Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokemon, the stomach of a Snorlax can handle just about anything- which is fortunate, because its massive body requires nearly 900 pounds of food every day. If it dozes off during a meal, it can keep eating in its sleep." " Well, we have to get pass it in order to get to Fuchsia City and there's only one way to do that, we have to wake it up," Mitch says as Charmeleon nods in agreement.

                       Mitch puts his Pokedex away and throws a Poke Ball into the air " Beedrill, I choose you," he shouts. " Bee, Bee," it shouts as it flies into the air, " Use Poison Sting," Mitch orders as Beedrill begins to fire multiple purple needles from all of its stingers. The stingers explode on Snorlax's belly, but all it does is wince in its sleep for a couple seconds. " Well that didn't work, try Twineedle," Mitch orders. " Beeeeeeee," it shouts as it flies at the snoozing giant Pokemon with its hand stingers glowing yellowish green. Beedrill's stingers stab into Snorlax's belly, but Snorlax's fat belly absorbs most of the impact and causes Beedrill to bounce off of the belly. Beedrill lands in the water and struggles to stay above water " Beeee. Beee, Beee," it panickingly shouts as Mitch returns it to its ball. " Sorry, Beedrill, Gastly, I choose you," he shouts as he throws another ball. " Gggastly, Gas, Gas, Gastly," it shouts as Mitch yells " Use Thunder Punch." " Ggggggassssstly," it shouts as it creates a fist using its gas and covers that fist in electricity. Gastly punches Snorlax, but the same thing that happened to Beedrill happens, Gastly bounces off of Snorlax's body and lands in the water. " Ggggggassstly, Ggggastly," it shouts as Mitch returns it to its Poke Ball.

                " Ok, I think I have another way to wake it up," Mitch says as he pulls another ball from his belt and throws it into the air. " Squirt, Squirt, Squirtle," Squirtle shouts as it jumps from the Poke Ball. " Squirtle, use Water Gun and aim it towards Snorlax's face," Mitch commands. " Squuuuitttttle," it shouts as it fires a medium sized stream of water from its face. The water slams into Snorlax's face and eventually, " Snooooooorlaaaaax," it angrily shouts as it wakes up, gets to its feet, and slams its head into Squirtle for a powerful Headbutt attack. " Squuuiiiiiirtle," it cries as it is slammed into a tree and slides to the ground with spirals in its eyes. Mitch returns Squirtle to its ball as " Snoooooooorlaaaaax," it punches Charmeleon with its glowing right arm. Charmeleon is knocked to the ground by the force of the Focus Punch attack. " Ok. new plan, Bulbasaur, I choose you," Mitch says as Charmeleon struggles to its feet.

               " Bulba, Bulba, Bulbasaur," it shouts as it lands in front of the angry Normal Type. Snorlax prepares another Focus Punch as Mitch orders " Use Sleep Powder." "Buuuuuulbaaaaa," it shouts as it shoots the white powder from its bulb. The powder blows into Snorlax's face as it breathes in it, stops trying to use Focus Punch, and falls to the ground, fast asleep. " Ok. lets try this," Mitch says as he throws a Poke Ball at Snorlax and it is sucked into it. The ball shakes for a few seconds before the capture noise goes off ( wish I knew what it was like to catch a Snorlax on the first try)  and the ball shrinks done and turns black. Mitch takes the Poke Ball containing Pidgey from his belt and sends it to Oak's lab before walking over and picking up the Poke Ball containing his new Snorlax. Charmeleon, still rubbing its chest from where Snorlax punched it, walks up beside Mitch and looks up at him. " I guess we got us a powerful new friend," he says as Charmeleon nods in agreement as the two are them get back on their way to Fuchsia City.

Author's Note: The next few chapters will be about Mitch catching new Pokemon and maybe we will see a couple evolutions of Pokemon that Mitch already has.