Return to Pallet Town

**Flashback**

                             "Typhlosion, use Flamethrower," Chase orders whilst Typhlosion shoots a medium sized stream of fire out of its mouth. " Peeeeeeeeerrr," its badly damaged and tired looking opponent cries as the attack slams into it and causes it to land on the Dirt Battlefield with a loud thud. A full minute goes by before spirals appear in its eyes and the announcer screams, " Persian is unable to battle!  The winner of the match and this year's Indigo League Champion Is Chase Bolin!  He now gets the chance to go and battle the Kanto Elite Four!" 

**Flashback Ends**

                                Mitch lies in his bed and replays the scene of Chase winning the Indigo League over and over in his head.  After losing to Chase and placing Top 8 in the league, he stayed to watch the rest of the tournament and after Chase won, returned back home to Pallet Town alongside Alexandra.( Joe left after losing to Mitch in the Fifth Round) His alarm clock goes off and he gets out of bed, puts his clothes and glasses on, grabs his cap, and walks downstairs to the kitchen. 

              His mother sits at the kitchen table and reads the newspaper while drinking a glass of orange juice, " morning, honey! What would like for breakfast?" " I think I'll just have some toast and then go to Professor Oak's lab." " Sounds like a great idea! Are you planning to tell him and your Pokémon what you told me last night!" " Yeah, I am and I hope that they think it's a great idea too," he says as he puts his bread in the toaster and heads to the refrigerator to get some orange juice.

***************

                      Mitch slowly walks towards the section of Professor Oak's land that is dedicated to his Pokémon and finds that one of his Pokémon is already waiting at the entrance for him. " Zard, Zard, Char, Charizard," Charizard shouts as it flies forward and gives him a big hug. " Hey, Charizard, could you do me a favor and call everyone else to our location, so I don't have to go looking for them. There's something I have to tell all of you." Charizard curiously stares at him before letting out a loud roar to signal Mitch's other Pokémon," Chaaaaaaaariiizaaaaaaaard!" The roar echoes across the land, catching the attention of all of Mitch's Pokémon. 

                      It takes a few minutes, but Pidgeot, Primeape, Beedrill, Venusaur, Blastoise, Haunter, Snorlax, Seadra, Gloom, Nidorino, Ponyta, Doduo, Lickitung, Spearow, Pinsir, Rhyhorn, Tauros, Dragonite, Shellder, Farfetch'd, Porygon, Kangaskhan, Muk, Lapras, Victreebel, Eevee, Poliwhirl, Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan stand in front of Mitch and Charizard. " Hey, guys nice to see you all. It sure was a fun journey through Kanto, wasn't it," he says as all of them let out cries to agree with him or just simply shake( mainly the newest arrivals like Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan) their heads. " But, there is something that I want to tell you all," he says as they all get the same curious looks on their face. 

**Flashback**   

                                Mitch and Chase stand at a Pokémon Center counter and hand the balls containing the Pokémon that they used in their Full Battle to Nurse Joy.  " I'll make sure that they're back to full health in no time," she says as she takes them away to be healed. Chase turns to Mitch and says, " You know Mitch, placing in the Top 8 is very impressive for your 1st league tournament. Have you thought about what you're going to do now?"  " Not really, if I'm being honest," " Why not go to the region that I'm from and compete in their league tournament: The Silver Conference." Go to the Johto Region? Well, I did really enjoy battling Typhlosion and the rest of your Johto Pokémon, so I might consider going there."  

**Flashback Ends**

                                    " I'm going to go to the Johto Region and take on their league challenge," Mitch says as his Pokémon gasp before smiling and nodding. " That sounds like a great idea and it looks like your Pokémon approve of your decision," a voice coming from behind Mitch says. He turns around to see a smiling Professor Oak standing there. " A boat is actually scheduled to leave from Vermillion City to New Bark Town in the morning. I suggest you go there and take that boat to the Johto Region," he says as Mitch excitedly shouts " alright! That's what I'll do!" " However, you should know that Joe left a few days ago to go there, so you might end up encountering him," " Even better, maybe we can have another battle if we meet up!" " I admire your determination, be sure to meet up with my friend Professor Elm when you get to New Bark Town, he will provide you with a Johto Pokedex and may even give you one of the Johto Starter Pokémon."  " Don't worry Professor, I couldn't imagine visiting a new region without getting some way to learn about the new Pokémon that I'll encounter or seeing what Pokémon are available for starting trainers. 

**The Next Morning** 

                               Mitch and Charizard stand on the deck of a cruise ship and stare at the receding view of Vermillion City and the Kanto Region. He turns to Charizard and says, " The Kanto Region is our home, but I can't wait to see what the Johto Region holds for us!" " Zaaaaaard," it roars as it shoots a small stream of fire into the air. 

Mitch Harper will return