86. christmas decorating

calum
you smiled, climbing up onto one of your dining room chairs and placing the star on top of the christmas tree as some festive tunes played on the record player. "the tree is complete!" you announce to calum as you step down and step back to admire your work. "i love it, babe!" he calls from the kitchen. you turn around to see him eating some of the christmas cookies you two had baked a few hours before instead of decorating. "calum!" you laugh. "what?" he asks with a mouthful of sugar cookie. "you're supposed to be hanging tinsel around the doors." you tell him, bringing the chair back to the dining table. "i'm taking a break. can't work on an empty stomach." he smiles, taking another bite. you walk over and grab the rest of the cookie out of his hand and stick it in your mouth. "mm delicious. we should go on master chef," you laugh. "so what have you put up?" you ask your boyfriend. "look up," calum smirks. you do and find a small piece of mistletoe hanging from the ceiling. "you know what that means." he says, stepping closer and putting his hands on your hips. you giggle and kiss him softly, happy to spend another christmas with your favorite boy.

luke
you finish up the decorations on the inside of the house while your boyfriend luke hung the lights up outside. this was your fourth christmas together and it was one of your favorite times of the year. you loved the baking, getting together with friends and family and especially the gift giving. luke knew how much the holiday meant to you, so he surprised you each year. while you decorated the inside, luke would keep his exterior decorations a secret. he would create fun patterns with twinkly christmas lights, making the house look amazing. "are you done yet, luke?" you call, sticking your head out the window. "yeah," he smiles up at you, fixing some of the wiring on the lights. "come on out." you smile and make your way outside and over to luke who stood at the front of the house. "it's so dark." you say. "it won't be for long. are you ready?" he asks. "yes!" he clicks a button on the remote and the lights flicker on. you gasp, looking at the trees wrapped in colorful lights and the house that was lined with every color of the rainbow. what caught your eye the most were the lights in the yard, spelling out 'will you marry me?' your hands flew over your mouth as luke got on one knee and held up a ring. "marry me, y/n?" "absolutely!" you smile and kiss him.

ashton
this year, your family was unable to fly into australia for christmas so ashton took it upon himself to invite you to spend christmas with him and his family. at first you declined, not wanting to interrupt their family time, but his mom insisted so you accepted the kind invitation. it was alot more fun than you were expecting to be honest. his family had alot of christmas traditions like baking homemade cookies, a gift swap and cutting down a real tree to decorate. you felt so loved and accepted by your boyfriend's family, making you fall in love with him even more. "thank you for inviting me here, ash. your family is amazing." you smile, curled up on the couch beside him. "they love you, babe. lauren thinks of you as her older sister and my mum was asking when the grandkids are coming." ashton chuckles. "do you think we'll have kids together?" you ask, looking up at him. he turns and looks at you, smiling softly. "i wouldn't want to imagine my future with anyone else." he says, kissing you softly.

michael
"no, michael!" you laugh, declining his suggestion for the seventh time as you placing more white tinsel around the Christmas tree. "but y/n! please!" he begs, sticking out his bottom lip. "we can't wrap the dog like a present. what if it hurts him? or the tape gets stuck to his fur?" you raise your eyebrows at your boyfriend. he sighs and picks up southy, placing him in his lap. "I guess you're right." he says, petting the dog. "aren't I always?" you smile and giggle. "of course, m'lady." he grins, standing up and carrying southy over to you. "I think he should be the star on the tree." michael says, holding your beloved pet up at the top of the christmas tree. you laugh and grab a shiny bow out of the box of decorations. after peeling the back off of the sticky part, you stick it to the top of your boyfriend's head. "there. now you're the best present i could ever receive!" you smile. he laughs and helps you finish decorating the house with candles, mini wreaths and fluffy tinsel. "finally!" michael sighs, plopping back down on the couch. you sit down next to him and look around the room, admiring your work. "