39. you see him crying

these are from tumblr, but i don't have the username of who wrote them, sorry!

------

calum
you walk into calum's house where the rest of the boys already were. "what's wrong? why did i have to come to quickly?" you ask them. ashton stands up, "you know calum's girlfriend?" "yeah, the slut." you nod, making michael chuckle lightly. "that's the one." luke confirms. "she broke up with him." ashton explains. "she didn't just break up with him," michael corrects, "she cheated on him." "oh." you say, your heart breaking for your friend. "anyway, he's in his room pretty upset and he won't talk to us about it," ashton continues. "could you talk to him?" "and pretend I didn't see this coming?" you sigh, remembering how you told calum a month ago that this girl was no good. "well, yeah." michael shrugs. you sigh, but head off to his room. you knock on the door, receiving a muffled 'go away' in response. you open the door anyway, stepping inside and shutting it. "I said go— oh." calum stops short when he sees you, "are you here to tell me you were right?" he wipes tears from his puffy cheeks as you take a seat beside him. "of course not," you sigh, pulling him into a hug. you sit in silence as his shaky breaths return to normal. "you're way out of her league, you know." you finally say. calum chuckles, pulling away from the hug and looking at you. "i wish." "i don't lie." you tell him seriously. he gives you a grateful smile and you return it before falling into silence again. "hey y/n?" he mumbles. "thanks for not telling me I told you so." "that'll come later." you grin. he laughs in response, shaking his head. "what if i admit you were right now? will that keep me from hearing it?" "it might." you say thoughtfully. "then you were right." calum mutters, cuddling up to you. "i know." you agree, letting him rest his head in your lap. you run your hands through his hair as his eyes begin to close, tired from crying. "next time i'll listen." he says. "no you won't." you chuckle, making him smile before he drifts off to sleep.

luke
you knock at the door to luke's house, waiting longer than usual for an answer. you pull out your phone to call him, hoping you hadn't gotten the time for your date wrong, when the door opens. you look up, a little surprised to see Luke's mom standing there instsad of your boyfriend. "oh hi mrs hemmings," you say with a smile as she lets you inside. "hi, y/n," she responds. "what's up?" "i thought luke and i were supposed to hang out today, but i could've been wrong. is he home?" you ask. "he is." she sighs, closing the door. "he hasn't left his room all day. he won't open the door for me, but you're welcome to go on up and try to talk to him." "okay, thanks." you say, heading towards luke's room as you wonder what could be wrong. "luke?" you call, knocking on the door. "unlock the door." you say, hear some shuffling then the lock click. "can I come in?" you ask, opening the door just a crack and see luke climb back into bed. "sure." he mumbles. "what's wrong?" you ask, walking through the dark, messy room and sitting on the edge of his bed. "i dunno," he sniffs, picking up his phone and opening twitter. you watch as he goes to his mentions and scrolls through the tweets. "what are you doing?" you ask, taking his phone and looking at the hateful comments. "just reading." he sighs. you frown, locking his phone and dropping it on the bed. "luke, look at me." you say, softly grabbing his hand. he turns his head to you, breaking your heart with his tear filled eyes. "you don't need to read that. you're so wonderful, so talented, so genuine and so deserving of all the success that you have, all right? you are nothing that those idiots say you are. do you understand?" luke hesitates, but nods. "don't hurt yourself by paying attention to the opinions of people who don't know anything about you," you beg him. "there's so many people who love you and think the world of you, including me. listen to those people, okay?" "okay." he sighs. you pull him into a tight hug, rubbing his back gently and whispering to him about how great he actually is.

ashton
you step out of your car in ashton's driveway, making your way to the door when you see him storm outside, slamming the door behind him. "ashton!" you say in surprise, not used to seeing him so angry. he looks up, noticing you standing there looking both astonished and afraid. he hurries toward you, wrapping his strong arms around your waist and burying his head in the crook of your neck. you feel his heart tears on your shoulder as you stroke his hair, trying to calm him down. "i can't do it anymore," he mumbles. "i'm not good enough for this. i'm not strong enough." "ashton, breathe." you command quietly. you rub his back as he breathes against your skin. finally, he lifts his head, tears still falling from his eyes. "baby," you frown, wiping his cheek with your thumb. you lead him to your car and get back in with him. "what's wrong?" you ask, looking at him with concern. he takes a deep, shaky breath before speaking. "i just can't be the man of the house anymore," he admits, his voice cracking. " I can't always pretend to be strong and to have it all together," you take his hand in yours, rubbing softly as he continues. "my mom and my brother and sister expect so much from me. i can't give it to them. sometimes I need to have someone there for me, too. you know?" "I know," you sigh. "but ash, no one expects you to have it all together. You've been doing so great for your family, but they know that you didn't ask for this and that you're still young." "I'm just so afraid of letting them down." he whispers. "I know for a fact that your mom is so proud of you and your brother and sister love you so much. nothing you could ever do will change that. they know how much you do for them, and you couldn't possibly let them down." "you think?" he asks. you nod confidently and smile at your boyfriend. "besides, i'm always here for you." you add. "yeah," ashton says with a grin. "i know. thank you." he leans in, kissing you gently.

michael
you sit on the airport bench with your hand intertwined with your boyfriend, michael's, as you talk to him and his bandmates about their upcoming tour. "three months is a long time." ashton sighs. "you guys will have so much fun though." you smile, not wanting to make michael feel bad about leaving. "what's michael gonna do without you!" calum pipes up, making the other boys laugh. "i'm sure he'll be alright." you chuckle, bumping his shoulder lightly with your own and smiling at him. "i'll be right back." michael mutters, standing up abruptly and walking through the nearly empty airport. "what was that about?" luke asks, confused. you shrug, not used to michael acting like that. five minutes pass and you sigh before standing to your feet. "i'm gonna go find him." you tell the others and take off in the direction michael went. you quickly locate him Sitting on a bench a bit farther down and focusing on his phone. "michael?" you say quietly as you approach him. he looks up startled to see you, and quickly wipes his eyes. "can i sit?" you ask. "yeah of course," he says quickly. "i just had something in my eye." "both of them?" you giggle, sitting next to him and wrapping your arms around his torso. "yep." he lies, making you smile. "kinda like when you had something in your eyes when we saw the notebook?" you tease. "no," michael chuckles. "it's different." you notice more tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he avoids eye contact. "what's wrong, babe?" you ask, looking at him with concern. "i'm just gonna miss you" he admits, his voice breaking off. "i'm gonna miss you too," you sigh, nuzzling against his chest. "but you're gonna have a great three months and it'll be over before you know it." "three months is a long time." he whispers ashton's words and you sigh. "we'll text and skype and it'll be like you're not even gone," you assure him. "three months will seem like nothing." you smile, holding back your own tears. "you think so?" he asks hopefully and you nod. "i love you." michael sighs, kissing the top of your head as you cuddle into his arms.