13. he cheats

calum
you laid on the couch with your legs across calum's lap as you scrolled through the channels on the tv. he had gotten back from tour not that long ago so you two were happy to be back in each other's company. "ugh, there's nothing good on." you sigh. calum grabs the remote from your hand and turns off the tv. "y/n, we need to talk." he says, looking at you. "okay." you say, sitting up and folding your legs under you. "about what?" calum looks down and chews on his lip, looking for the right words to say. "um, while I was on tour I kind of... did something." he says, looking back up at you. "what?" you ask, not sure where he was going with this. he frowns, obviously very disappointed in himself and looks down to the floor again. "I-I um..." "cal," you say, grabbing his hand and looking into his eyes. "you can tell me." "I met a girl," he sighs. "it was at a bar and I took her back to my hotel room, but nothing happened. once we got there, I didn't want it to go any further so I made her leave." calum explains. "any further?" you ask, letting go of his hand. "we kissed a little." he mumbles, ashamed of what he's done to you. you look down, not knowing what to say. you and calum have been together for 3 years, and you've loved him even longer. how could he betray your trust like this? "i'm so sorry!" your boyfriend says, grabbing your forearm. "I feel so disgusting. I never want to do that to you again." he tells you, looking at you with tears in his eyes. you raise your head to meet his eyes and see the guilt they hold. "okay..." you nod. "I believe you, but it's gonna be a while before I can fully trust you again." you tell him and he nods. "I understand." he cups your face. "thank you." he says, giving you a small smile and soft kiss on the cheek.

luke
you sat on your bed staring at the picture on your computer screen in front of you, hoping it wasn't real at all. you thought luke would be the last person to cheat on you, especially with someone as shallow as his ex girlfriend. "hey babe." your boyfriend says cheerfully, walking into the room, acting like he had done nothing wrong. he walks over and sits by you on the bed. he sees the photo of him at a party, smiling against his ex's lips but you say nothing to him. luke gasps and quickly shuts the laptop. "what— where did you find that?" he asks. "why does it matter?" you ask, looking at him, your eyes red from crying. "you cheated on me." your voice cracks. "no no no, baby, I—" luke grabs your hands but you quickly pull them out of his grip. "I'm sorry, I never meant to do it." he says, making you roll your eyes. "but you did." you tell him, turning away from him. looking at him, he didn't seem like the loving boyfriend you thought he was. "y/n, I messed up. please don't leave me." luke says, sounding upset. "why shouldn't I? you obviously don't love me anymore if you're willing to throw our relationship away for her." you stand up from the bed, trying not to yell at him. luke looks down, not knowing exactly what to say. "I don't know why I let it happen," he talks quietly. "but I do know I love you. I love you so much and I feel so bad for hurting you." he looks up at you with pleading eyes. you sigh and run your fingers through your hair. "I-I need time, luke." "of course. as much as you need." he agrees. you nod and walk out of the bedroom, leaving luke alone.

ashton
"hey, babe!" you smile at your boyfriend as you get into the passenger seat on his car. "I missed you so much." ashton smiles, leaning over for a kiss. you lean in and press your lips to his. "I missed you too," you tell him and put your seatbelt on. "so where are we going?" you ask and set your purse in the floor by your feet. before sitting back up, something else in the floor caught your eye. it was a small, shiny ball. you pick it up and examine it, not paying attention to ashton who was listing off places he wanted to go. "is this an earring?" you interrupt him, holding it up. you could tell he knew where it came from because once he saw it, his eyes widened. "um, no i-it's..." he stutters, trying to come up with something to say. "who's is it?" you ask. by the way he was acting, you had an idea of what he had done, but didn't want to believe it. the ashton you know would never do anything to hurt you. "y/n... I was drunk. I didn't think—" ashton starts but you didn't want to hear what he had to say. you knew what was coming and didn't want to be anywhere near him anymore. you unbuckle your seatbelt, grab your bag and step out of the car. "y/n!" he calls. you slam the car door shut and go back into your house. the tears begin to fall as you ignore ashton's knocks and pleas from the other side of your front door.

michael
you were making yourself a pot of mac and cheese when you got a call from your boyfriend, michael. you excitedly picked up the phone because you hadn't seen him since he left for tour. "hey." you smile as you put the phone to your ear. "no no, we have time." you hear michael's muffled voice in the background. you furrow eyebrows, wondering what he was talking about. "then come here, baby." you hear another voice say, but this one wasn't michaels. it was a girl. "michael?" you ask, stirring your macaroni. he didn't answer, and instead you only heard soft kisses and moaning coming from the other end of the line. you stop stirring your pot of macaroni as tears form in your eyes. "I could give you a blowjob if you want." "oh yes, please." the two of them say. "michael!" you yell, trying to get him to hear who he butt-dialed. "you're so sexy." was the only reply you got. your heart sinks as you end the call, not knowing if you should feel angry, upset or stupid. how dare michael cheat on you, but why wouldn't he cheat if he didn't feel happy with your relationship and how naive were you to think
you could be good enough for him?