[47]

They don't know how but they found themselves in a lighthouse near the sea. It is where the car brought them.

"The air here is so fresh, I like it," Nayeon commented.

They stand there with a distance while facing the sea.

"Why are you like this all of a sudden?" Jin asked immediately.

"I told you, I want to be a friend. You know when a person has a problem, a companion is necessary."

"I don't understand you."

"If your brother didn't enroll here, I wouldn't be approaching you. Now, do you understand why?"

"So, my brother is what is needed for you to talk to me?"

"No, Jin. It just scares me what will you do if you will be carrying your anger alone after seeing your brother. Let's just set aside our problem, for now, I am here to listen as a friend."

"Dad and mom, or even Ya, never told me about him moving here. They could have stopped him knowing how we don't get along. I don't know the reasons why he went here and I don't know how easy for him to convince dad about it. He couldn't move because of his reputation at Daeil. Now I realized how much they really favor him." He said with so much sadness in his tone.

"Y-You're jealous, Jin. You want to be treated the same as how your parents treat your brother," Nayeon commented.

"All my life I never felt a parents' love. All I can feel is pure responsibility, that they raise me just because it was required. I can't feel any genuineness from them and it's hurting me. Who wouldn't get jealous, right? And I feel like I don't have the right to be a jealous son because I am just..." He wasn't able to continue when a tear fell down his face.

Nayeon moves closer to him to tap his shoulder as comfort.

"Now at the same time, I met my real brother. I'm sure he's not lying, we have the same eyes. I don't know how to feel towards him. I am not yet ready to face my real family," he said, already sniffing softly.

"Maybe you're not yet ready, but your real brother's showing up is already telling you that it's time. Especially now, you are feeling jealousy towards your older brother. Doesn't it makes sense that it is already a time for you to let go of them and meet your real family, so you can feel the genuine love from a parent love?" Nayeon advised.

"I don't know, Nayeon. I don't know what will happen. I don't know what the world will be throwing at me next. I don't want to overthink about it."

"Stop overthinking, Jin. Maybe just let everything happen." Nayeon smiled at him.

Jin smiled back at her.

"C-can you be always on my side? You're always been the person I talked to when it comes to my family problems. I honestly don't know how to face those issues in my life without you." He said directly looking into her eyes. "Like, can you be my friend all the time? Please, stop ignoring me. I understand if you don't like me but please Nayeon, I need you." Jin pleaded.

"Your ex came back, right? Don't you need her more? I remember how much you like her."

"Maybe I need her, but not as much as I need you. I like her, but not as much as I like you. And we already talked, we're friends and we'll stay that way." He explained.

"She's pretty."

"Not as much as pretty as you."

"Seriously, Jin. No wonder you liked her."

"I'll repeat, not as much as I like you."

"Can you stop saying that?"

"Saying what?"

"That you like me."

"It's the truth, okay? And it's good because I can tell it now with confidence."

"It's just unfair."

"What is that unfair? Isn't it me who is supposed to be saying that? I like you but you don't like me. It's absolutely unfair."

"Yeah you like me but it's unfair for my part because I love y..." She stopped.

Jin faces her shock upon hearing what she said.

"You what?"

"Nothing."

"I heard it!"

"No, you didn--"

He pulled her closer to him and kiss her, on the lips.

Nayeon responded, she closes her eyes and slowly wraps her hands around the guy's neck.

It was just the wind, the sea, and the lighthouse that witnessed how they enjoyed that moment.

edi wow

😂😂😂

-
This day will be the last of 2020. It has been tough but there are still a lot to be grateful for. Not everyone survived this year and here we are still alive and kicking. 🙏😌

To those reading my story, you are part of my 2020. Massive thank you! ❤