[9]

Joohyun is getting her notes in the locker when she heard murmurs from the area. She knows everyone is talking about her after her conversation with Jin.

"So, Bae Joohyun, dumped? How sad." A student said and laughed while she walks past her.

Joohyun might be annoyed with what's happening but as much as she wants to get angry, she knows that she should be silent.

She arrived at their room and she is already welcomed by mutters,

"Hey hey Joohyun, how does it feel to be rejected, huh?" Hyunjin started to tease her.

"Don't start Hwang or else I'll disseminate your cheesy letter to that second--"

"Yah, I was just kidding. Ehhh, this blackmailer." Hyunjin stopped her. Joohyun just glared at him.

"Joohyun-ah! First time being rejected? Hahaha"

"Shut it Beomgyu! I know you like that Shin Ryujin in the second year and wrote a letter to her, too.  Seriously, why are you all crushing on second-year students?" She fired back.

"Oh well at least we have a mutual understanding and we share the same feeling. Unlike you, re-jec-ted!" Beomgyu retorted.

The whole class laughed.

"Yah everyone! Stop making fun of her!" Nayeon, who just arrived, yelled.

Everyone stopped and looked at her.

"Hey Nayeon, did you just talk?" Jung Hoseok, one of their classmates said.

She just sighed and went to her seat. The class went to their normal things and Jin who is just behind went straight to Joohyun's seat and sat beside her.

"Listen, I am not sorry for what I said to you yesterday because I am just being honest, but I am sorry that I never knew that it would cause this big. I think though that this is a lesson for you that you have to figure out." Jin said to her, he smiled and stood up to go to his seat.

"Yah Daeil guy, wait." Joohyun with a serious face stopped him. The guy did stop and faced her. "No one dared to tell me what to do." She firmly said.

Jin just shrugged off, "Okay." He shortly replied then went on to his seat.

"Hey, that was amazing." He said talking to Nayeon.

"Huh?"

"You stopped everyone in making fun of Joohyun. I know she never treated you good yet you defended her." He honestly said.

"It's just that I know the feeling of being laugh at."

"Yeah but even if she's the reason why you never had good years in highschool in the previous, you still defended her." - Jin

"I don't hold a grudge. I forgive people easily." - Nayeon

"And why is that?" Jin can't believe her.

"It's because I also hurt other people. There is no point hating someone for too long for something they did when you know you yourself can hurt others and do mistakes too," she told him.

"Woah, you have a point. I wish it could be that easy for me." He sighed.

"Why?" She looks at him, "Is it your brother?" She asked.

Jin nodded. "Yeah."

"I don't know how much you loathe your brother but if you really want to forgive him, you can do it." She cheered him up.

"That's the problem, I have no intention to forgive," Jin admitted.

"Well, that's a factor why it's hard for you to do so, but I believe there will come a time it will change. One day, you will realize you don't despise him anymore." She smiled at him, he returned a smile lazily.

"Yah kwaenchana!" She said and tapped his shoulder, "I understand you."

"Oh, you do?"

"Yeah. I mean, just because it's easy for me to forgive doesn't mean it is also easy for everyone. As they say, we should not underestimate someone else's struggle."

Jin smiled at her genuinely. He stared at her, she amazes me. He thought.

"Teacher is coming!" A classmate shouted.

They all fixed their seats when a teacher came in.

"Oh, that teacher is Teacher Jihyo's boyfriend," Nayeon whispered to him.

Jin went "ohh really, okay."

"Good morning!" He greeted.

"Good morning Teacher Daniel!" The class replied.

Teacher Daniel starts his lecture.

---

Lesson learned:
Don't underestimate someone else's struggle. It may not be heavy for you but for some it is.

We all have our own ways to face problems, we are all different to begin with, but one thing is for sure, we all want to overcome every challenges and keep going :)