[51]

"You transferred because of me?! Are you insane?" Joohyun puts down her cup of coffee on the center table.

"I just can't get you out of my head! I told you I've been looking for you my whole life." Junmyeon replied.

"Suho,-"

"I'm here to be with you. The last time I went here, everybody was badly talking about you in the school because of what my brother has done to you. I just want to protect you."

"Look, everything's fine already okay? I understand your brother. What he has done is the reason why I'm changing. I don't want to be seen as the bully person anymore, I'm tired of it. So, there's no need to protect me. Thanks for your concern though." Joohyun explained.

"Then I guess I'll be enjoying my last year of high school with you, how about that?" He smiled with pleading eyes.

"Just why, Suho? I mean,-"

"I like you, okay? Isn't it obvious? I told you many times I've been looking for you ever since the day we met. I want to pursue you."

Joohyun let out a soft sigh.

"You're here to study. I'll be just with you along the way, besides, you'll graduate first so maybe there's no point in pursuing me if you'll leave eventually."

"Love doesn't end after graduation, Irene. Even if I'll leave first, I'll still be the same Suho you met. Can I ask you a question?"

"What?"

"Do you like me?"

Silence.

"The paper you gave me, it's still with me." He added.

"I do like you, but I have to rebuild myself first. You see, I am not the Irene you knew to other people. They saw me as a bad person at school which I understand why. I am not like that before we met, so let me fix myself first before thinking about anything else."

"I'll be with you, Irene."

Joohyun smiles at him and mouthed thank you.

"I heard that you and your brother don't get along well." Joohyun shifted.

"Don't mind him. We really just can't."

"Fix your relationship with him, can you? Like how can you be so nice to me but not to your brother?"

"He's not my brother."

"What?"

"He has nothing related to me. He's adopted."

"So the rumors were true? But even though, he's nice, because of him I had the thought of changing."

"You complimented him more than me huh" the guy chuckled.

"Fix your relationship with him. It costs zero to be nice." Joohyun told him.

Junmyeon sighed. He can't be nice to that Seokjin, he really despises him but,

"I'll try," he meant.

--- 🐵