[35]

Nayeon went to school alone. Her brother Eunwoo left earlier than her because he's a part of a basketball team and accordingly, they have a warm-up session in the morning.

Nayeon didn't understand because it's the first time Jin didn't drop at their house to pick her up.

Nayeon is walking towards their room when she can hear murmurs. It's been a while since the SMC updated something so she didn't understand why it seems like there is something off in the school's atmosphere this day. She arrived in their classroom and she noticed that the murmurs she has been hearing from outside haven't been gone.

She saw Jin in their seat scrolling through his phone and with earphones on. She walked towards and tapped Jin's broad shoulder.

"Hey?" She started, but the guy didn't move at all and didn't even bother to look at her. She got confused.

She looks around and she saw her classmates trying not to utter something. She saw the maknae line and she feels like they are avoiding her gaze.

What is happening? She thought.

She once again faces her seatmate, she removed the guy's earphone.

"Jin? What's with--"

"Don't talk to me," Jin stated without expression. The girl's surprised.

She wants to know what's with the murmurs and why does she feel like something is different on that day, as much as she wants to ask her other classmates, she didn't because she doesn't usually talk to them. The day Jin came and became her seatmate, he's the only person she's comfortable to talk with besides the maknaes.

The class went on but Nayeon's mind is off somewhere. She's thinking of the possible reasons why Jin acted that way.

Lunchtime came, Jin immediately got up from her seat and left her and Jin still haven't talked to her, she already can't help it.

She walks faster to follow, when she reached him in the middle of the campus outside, she quickly grabbed his arm and turn his stance towards her.

"Jin, can you tell me what's wrong?" She confronted. Jin was surprised when she grabbed him but his mad expression is visible.

"Can you stop acting like you don't know anything because you're not good at it!" Jin stated upset.

The girl is clueless.

"What?" Her confused expression didn't escape the guy's notice.

"Really? Still acting dumb?"

"I don't know what you're talking about! Wha--"

"Why don't you check Twitter so you'll know?!" The guy's tone is getting more furious. The other students around started to look at them.

"Huh?" Nayeon didn't hesitate to look at her phone and opened the said app.

She is shocked by the SMC's tweet

She is shocked by the SMC's tweet. The club didn't update for a while and this is the first tweet they posted after weeks of being inactive.

"It's you, isn't it?" The guy's trying to hold the anger he's feeling inside. He's very sensitive to those leaked information. He's getting more mad. "You're the SMC or part of it, right? Tell me!!"

"What? Jin, no! I don't--"

"You don't know?! What the hell, Nayeon! You're the only one I told these about!! This shouldn't be happening if you didn't spill that information to the person running that trashy club!" Jin yelled at her due to his uncontrolled anger. The girl is surprised and gets scared by the guy's action. The murmurs around are getting more and more audible, no one even tries to meddle in the conversation.

"Jin, believe me, please? I don't have any idea how--"

"Shut it! I can't believe I trusted you. Let's make things over, including you and me. We're not even real in the first place." Jin stated, with his eyes teary but fuming.

He turns his back and started to walk away but he halted when he saw Eunwoo standing not too far from their scene.

"I saw that hyung. I can't believe you just shouted at my noona." Eunwoo said calmly but with his expression getting mad.

"Really? Who cares?" Jin stated annoyingly and continued to walk, he even bumped Eunwoo's shoulder as he passed by him.

Nayeon is left in the spectacle dumbfounded, she can't move at all. She felt pain with what happened and with what the guy has said, it stings her.

"We're not even real in the first place." Her mind reiterated.

It hits her that she forgot they were just pretending.