002; drinks and old friends

。\|/。

chapter 2

drinks and old friends

。/|\。

Y/n

I had just spent the entire morning making some calls to get any news on Finn and Millie. I have no idea if they still lived here, or how she was doing.

I would call up Finn or Nick, but I don't want to just appear out of thin air. That's just wrong, right?

What would I say?? "Hey!! It's me, your ex who went into hiding in Europe to escape her life here! Anyways, I'm back! Wanna date again??"

No way.

I tried to be discreet as I asked around, cautious that they might be keeping her situation a secret.

"Please answer." I sigh, pressing dial on the last contact on my list.

"MY MAN! What's up?! Oh my god are you visiting?" The familiar voice finally greets, bringing a smile to my face.

"Better- I actually moved back." I began. "WHAT! Why didn't you tell me?! Do you still live at your old place? Let me crash!!! I'll bring some new games WOOOO! Oh my god, you're back!" He jabbered.

"Okay, okay calm down now. I actually do. I'm here right now. But I need to ask you something though." I hinted.

"Hit me." "Any word on Finn?" I wondered, already feeling the man's hype slowly die down.

"You heard??" He asks. "I actually have no news from him, but Millie just told me something. I wanted to know how they're doing." I explained.

"Huh..." He says, trailing off. "This is a pretty long conversation, Y/N. You think we can meet at The Lounge?" He asks.

"Do you know something?"

"Of course. I know everything. So, you down??"

"God, yes I missed that place. See you in ten." Pressing end on the call, I hurried to my room to changing into some decent clothes as I got ready.

I'm meeting my best friend again...

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/nnnnn!" I heard as Jack approached the booth, calling my name in a sing-song tune just how he did when we were teenagers. He was holding a large one-sheet menu that obscured the look of excitement on his face. Jack was led to my table by a waiter.

"Grazerrrr!" I awed, jumping up to give him a big, reuniting hug.

"You. Are. Fabulous. What kind of water are you drinking in Paris?" He noted.

"Stop sucking up, here's the baguette you want." I sigh, handing him one of my last bag of baguettes from France.

"YES!" He took the paper bag in his hands with excitement.