009; batter up

。\|/。

chapter 9

batter up

。/|\。

"Hey, I brought those giant cookies we found." Y/N walks in Finn's house.

"Sweet!, thanks!!" Finn now joins his son back on the carpet and played with Legos.

The past two months have been going great, Y/N visits the father and son every week. She and Finn mostly does the talking.

They still aren't "close" like they were before, but what they have now is something...and they were okay with it.

"Uh, I sent in an audition today." Finn tells. "That's great! what for?" "I honestly don't know." He chuckled.

"You always take on mystery roles, very brave. I like it." Y/N nods, taking a bite off a cookie.

"And they end up being major roles! it's crazy..." Finn chuckled. "major roles." They both salute.

Avery stands up, walking in front of Y/N. He points at the box of cookies with a small pout on his lips.

"Here you go." Y/N politely offers before the little boy takes some and walked back to his father.

"He is strangely quiet around you." Finn remarks. "Maybe he's just shy..." "Yeah, maybe. Hey Avery... don't be shy, aunt Y/N doesn't bite." Finn boops the little boy's nose.

"Yes, I do not bite." She chuckles.

Y/n

That visit was weeks ago. As much as I enjoy visiting the two, I can't always come there. They both needed time alone.

"Not visiting the Wolfhards tonight?" Jack walks in my office. "God! You're everywhere! How did you even get in here?" Y/N asks. "Your secretary was pretty easy too charm, also, I'm famous." Jack says, taking an apple from my fruit bowl.

I laugh, shutting off my computer before joining Jack on my office bar. "No, I won't be visiting them today." I pour myself a glass of water.

"You haven't visited in weeks." Jack spins himself on the barstool. "Yeah, I just don't want to seem desperate! I'm there almost every week, it's just...I wanted to give them time to themselves." I explained.

"Well, you have a point." Jack agreed. "How is it going with him??" He now comes to a stop, resting his head on the granite countertop.

"We're alright, I can tell he's doing better compared the first time I came around." I tell.

"You have darts in your office?!?!" Jack jumps off the seat, pulling off the pins from the dart board.

"Yeah, helps me think." I answer. "Do you have food??" Jack throws the slim pin towards the flat wheel.

"You have a wife, go bug her for food." I pop in an almond in my mouth, watching him throw darts from the minibar.

"She's at work." 

"I can go down for some food. Don't trash my office." I remind before walking myself out.