027; the fundraising night

。\|/。

chapter twenty seven

the fundraising night

。/|\。

Y/N

The exquisite ballroom was lit dimly, accentuating the skilled musicians on stage who were performing classical tunes and wearing my own designer pieces. The guests in the crowded space resembled the music being played-- sophisticated and lavish. Guests and potential clients approach me as I go through the crowd, complimenting me on the event's success.

 "Hey there." Finn greeted, coming over to give me a hug. "How's it going? We love it!" He compliments.

I nodded, "My people are still marketing but holy crap we've already raised a pretty good profit." Finn nodded and leads me to our friends.

"I feel like this place is really rubbing off to me, I said 'whilst' thrice in a conversation." He chuckled. "You talk too proper. Loosen up, don't be so stiff." We now made it with everyone else.

"That's our girl boss!" Jack enunciates as everyone started to applaud. "Please." I smiled and reluctantly took the glass of iced tea and started to drink.

"Oh sweet Rihanna." I sighed, not realizing I was so thirsty.

"Hey Y/N, meet my friend Lawrence over here." Josh walks in with a man in his late middle age. "Exquisite event, Miss Y/N." He compliments. "Thank you." I smiled and shook his hand.

"I was just telling him about how you single-handedly crafted my wife's wedding dress." Josh says before draping an arm over Enya's shoulders, causing the others to discreetly laugh.

"Oh, well yes. It is an honor." I smiled.

"It was a tragic, but Y/N saved it." Drew awed. "Oh, tell me about it!" Lawrence insisted.

"One day before the big day, Josh's angry ex stormed in and destroyed her wedding gown, which took months of finding." Finn started off the lie. I stood still, hiding my discontentment with a smile.

"But Y/N was quick to craft a new dress that checked all the bride's boxes. It took her the whole day to make it." Jack added.

"Right, with no sleep, and no break time. Not even for a minute. However, there was one last thing missing-" Orion spoke.

"My mother. She couldn't make it to the wedding. But my dear Y/N here stepped in and walked me down the aisle, giving my hand to my wonderful husband." She awed, clinging onto Josh's shoulders.

"That is a beautiful story." The man shed a tear, reaching inside his suit for the checkbook. Everyone watched as he jot down the number 7, followed by three zeros.

"That is a generous donation, sir." I nervously chuckled. "Please, you are a good friend. Reminds me of my younger days, I have one too. and I wish I could've helped her." He spoke.

"Thank you so much sir." I gently placed my palm over my chest, receiving the check. "Please, help yourself sir. We have drinks, food, and tables by the performers." I spoke, guiding the man towards the areas.

"Seriously?!" I looked back, mouthing to my friends. "Ah, thank you." Lawrence spoke before taking one of the seats.

"Seriously?! Scamming old, rich dudes?"  I scoff. "In all fairness, he said he's donating because you're a good friend. You are, though! You made us all these clothes!" Jack explained, before everyone looks at each other's attires. "Ah!" "yeah.." "I see..." Everyone agreed.