032; cruel summer

。\|/。

chapter 32

cruel summer

。/|\。

"HELL YEA!" Y/N cheered as the ball lands on a red "20" block on the spinning wheel.

"What's going on? Is she winning?" Lily was slightly confused. "I don't even know if she's playing." Rosie shrugged.

"I don't know, moment of truth, maybe we can still that 10K back. HA!" Y/N snort before finishing the shot of tequila.

"All in!" Y/n pushed her entire chip stack onto the middle of the table. The other players put in their bets as well, before three women approached, hiding random cards in their hands, making Y/N choose.

"Alright, alright, this one!" Y/N points at a random card. "3..2..1!" Her opponents counted, before the lady revealed an Ace of club card. Y/N's jaw fell open, as her opponents started to slump in disbelief.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Holy crap I just won 50k!" Y/N cheered, jumping alongside Lily and Rosie to celebrate. "Dinner's on me!"

"Wow, Y/N, I never knew you're so good at... that." Lily laughed, slicing through the chunk of steak. "What? Gambling?" She chuckled.

"Yeah, that wasn't me back there, not anymore." She explained. "Sister, you just won us 50k! and now we're having the best steak of my life and La Gloria Cubanas!" Rosie exclaimed before taking a puff from the luxurious cigar.

"Besides, I'm having so much fun back here, I feel at home. A little game doesn't hurt." Y/N added. "Let's go again next week, I heard the grand prize is 10 Million Euros." Rosie spoke.

"Roro, I had a lucky guess. We'll go bankrupt if I played in that." She scoffed. "Right, and gamblers here are hardcore. Totally unpredictable" Lily added.

"So, does your family have any more plans? Tours I can come along with?" Lily wondered. "I think we're gonna stay a little longer." Y/N spoke, and Rosie's eyes widen.

"I was able to buy back the penthouse I lived in, and might as well put it on a longer use." She explained. "What about your company?"

"It's very easy to work through my computer from here, I figured I could just fly in if they really need me there." She added. "Alright then."

"But now, enjoy your dinner. We're still showing Roro the Montmartre Funicular." She added. "Alright!" Lily cheered, holding up the glass of wine to toast.

"Ah, this is work. I have to get this." Y/n excused herself, folding up the napkin before heading to the back door.

"Ah, your sister really does gamble on casinos but never on love." Lily sighed. "She plays it too safe." Rosie agreed. 

Tonight was just another ordinary day for Y/N, who was making use of her remaining vacation days while still in Paris. She's already taken Vivian to nearly every museum and is currently enjoying a night out with her younger sister and Lily.

It had only been a year since she had left Paris, but she had missed it terribly and was overjoyed to be able to spend the summer here rather than in California.

Jack

"Avery!" I chased down the child hopping around my furniture. "Uncle Jack, what's an Orgasm?" He randomly asked, taking me by surprise.