011; out sick

。\|/。

chapter 11

out sick

。/|\。

Y/n

FINN W. is calling...

I put the pencil down the table and answered the phone. "Hello?" I rest it down my ear and dip back into sketching designs.

Two days ago, Avery got hospitalized. Finn said he had the stomach flu, but it's too mild to get him confined so he is being treated at home. I assume he needed help.

"Definitely better than yesterday, he still feels very sick though." Finn spoke. "What did the doctors say?" "He should stay home, take his meds and make sure he doesn't get dehydrated." Finn answers.

"Okay then." "I uhm, I can't actually stay home... I am needed on set like... right now. I'm sorry I didn't know who else to call, everyone's busy, but can you watch him while I'm out? If you're busy, that's fine too, I can definitely– no, Finn it's okay. I'll come." I cut off his rambling.

"Thank you so much."

"Are you leaving me??" Avery cries at the sight of his dad leaving the room.

"I will be back bubs, for the meantime, Y/N will take care of you, and I'll be back." Finn gives him another kiss.

"Bye bye now baby, I will be back." Finn waves, leaving Avery and I.

Avery stared up at me with a runny nose and heavy eyes. "Hi..." I smile down at the boy.

This should be easy... What do I do when I'm sick? Tuck in bed all day. Right, that's all.

"Hi, you should stay rested while I make you soup. Do you want to stay here in your bed or go with me downstairs?" I politely ask.

Why did I say that? What if they don't have soup?

Avery huffed and crossed his arms before shaking his head. "Okay, then... stay here and wait for me. would you like me to put on some tv??" He hands me the remote before hopping in his bed.

I wait for the screen to open before scanning through channels and finding a show. "Sick bucket please." Avery points at the yellow pail by the bed. I quickly hand it over to him and watched as he threw up a little in the bucket.

Before leaving, I made sure he was all comfortable before waltzing into Finn's kitchen. My eyes scanned through the pantry cabinet, in hopes to see an instant soup mix.

"Score." My eyes land one one red sachet and scanned through its cooking procedure instructions at the back.

"Come sit up, here's your food." I enter his room, now with the tray of bowl and water on my hands. 

"Does your stomach still hurt?" "Mhn-uh." Avery's curls bounced around as he shook his head.

"That's good, your medicine worked. Now try to eat, I'm sorry you can't eat much for now but this should be good." I now set down the bowl of soup over the soft pillow that rested on Avery's lap.

The soup remained untouched with the heat evaporating over its surface while Avery just stared at me.

"Is there a problem?" I wondered