063; sanctuary

。\|/ 。

chapter 63

sanctuary

。/|\ 。

About One Year Later

Being married to Finn has been a wonderful blessing.

There wasn't much of a change in you love life, but the past year had been more meaningful and wonderful. In terms of your marriage, you know, falling in love with each other every single day was by far the best thing that's ever happened to you.

Marry the love of your life they said... marry your best friend, they said...

You and Finn were lucky in that part as you were each other's love and best friend. Talk about fate. It's finally by your side now, more than ever.

But one word to describe your marriage with him so far— it's exciting. Everyday is always worth looking forward to when you're together, and Avery, too. He's starting to grow into a smart, goofy, and adorable kid. 

It's also safe to say that he's more than used to living with you now, as he enjoys having you around with Finn. It also took some time to sink in that he's now your step son too, but like said, you're a family now.

Although today, it's only you and your beloved husband at the moment (for the first time in a while, not to mention). and what made it even more special is that you're in the city of love, the global center of art and fashion, the best croissants, your second home, Paris, France.

You are here for a few days as Finn and Malcom's two-men band, The Aubreys, is performing in some venues. Finn was very excited to  share the news with you when they decided to agree to the invitation, having thought that you may wanna come with them. and you did.

Today's your second night in the city, and they have just finished performing. You would've roamed around more, but you've already done that earlier and you all were tired.

Finn also surprised you by renting back the penthouse you lived in when you were here. Talk about an amazing husband.

Which takes you now with Finn, in your old bathroom, freshening up before unwinding for the rest of the day.

"Do you think those birds can see us from there?" Finn carefully pours water on your back as he held you close in the tub from behind

"Of course not. That window's outer cover is reflected. It's practically a mirror for anyone in the outside. Trust me when I tell you I can't count how many birds flew into it while I was taking a bath here." You told, taking his arms and lathering them with soap.

"That must've been scary. I would be scared. Imagine a fricking seagull flying into this shit." He says, now lathering your hair with shampoo. "I'm used to it." You chuckled, letting your head fall onto his shoulder comfortably.

"Oh! I got Avery a knitted sweater vest from the boutique. Have you seen it?" Your voice came out hoarse from how relaxing he was making you feel.

"Yeah, it's very pretty, my love. He'll like it." Finn placed a kiss on your damp neck before reaching for a loofah sponge. "Ah, hope so." You agree, now feeling the cold water hit hour head when Finn started to rinse your hair.

"Thank you, baby." You thank your husband before sitting straight to get rid of the excess bubbles on your surfaced body parts.

"Hey, pizza's getting cold. I bought it specifically for this." Finn reaches for the plate of margherita pizza on the counter. You may have also stopped by Rome yesterday for lunch...