046; meant to be

。\|/ 。

chapter 46

meant to be

。/|\ 。

[ 1½ years ago ]

Millie

I wanted to go where no one had gone before. I wanted to make a lasting legacy. I desired for my life, my talent, and my existence to be meaningful. The thing I never really considered, the thing I never really wrapped my head around until now, is that you have to leave in order to do that, in order to be remembered, in order to leave something big behind. You had to leave.

It's true that there are some things you won't understand until you've experienced them for yourself.

and this was it, I'm not gonna get any better. I've done my legacy and served my time. What's going to happen soon is something I've accepted.

"Thank you, sweetie." I place a small kiss onto Avery's forehead as he set down a piece of paper and pen down the table, laid out for me.

Yesterday as I watched the news on the hospital TV, a name I haven't heard in years had appeared.

Y/N L/N hosts fundraiser to support fashion students in need.
Y/N L/N donates up to US$50,000 financial aid to students.

God, I could already imagine Y/N ranting about how there are far more important issues to news rather than the media flaunting her money.

Wait, Y/N...

It was then that I realized I had one more thing to do... back then, it was so selfish of me to revoke her friendship with Finn.

Yes, I had my reasons, but... it's Finn and Y/N. I've taken away a great dynamic.

I despise the idea of spending the rest of my days with me and her holding a grudge against each other, it doesn't feel right. So much of me speaking about meaningful existence.

So here I am, with a pen and paper, coming up with the only way to make it right for the both of us.

Dear Y/N,

I hope this letter finds you well. Honestly, I hope it finds you at all. You're really hard to reach, you're still quite the celebrity now. I really wish I could tell this matter to you in person, but that's quite impossible. You'll know more, this is what this letter is for.

It's me, Millie. Millie Bobby Brown. I know, your gut must hate the sound of my name. We didn't exactly leave on good terms the last time we saw each other. and trust me, I wish I've left a better impression.

You must be curious why I am writing to you. I'll cut straight to the point, I'm very ill. When I was younger, it had come to my knowledge that I am bound to have this disease when I grow old, I just didn't expect it to happen this soon.