043; blast from the past

。\|/ 。

chapter 43

blast from the past

。/|\ 。

"Finn, you can't just text us to 'COME URGENT' when you're sitting there all smiley." Josh spoke, entering the house alongside Enya, Orion, and Drew.

"Is he ok?" Jack wondered in worry, walking in with Y/N behind. "Any second now." Finn breathed out, hands clammy, clutching onto his phone.

"OH! That's it!" Jack gasped, scurrying over Finn's side. "OH!" Josh had gotten the same idea, leaving the rest clueless. 

"What's going on?" Enya wondered in confusion as they gathered around the couch.

"Emmy nominations. They call nominees before the public announcement, and there's been a rumor going around that Finn's been nominated in one category, we just don't know which." Jack quickly explained.

"Right, and someone I know from the association said that they are calling up all the nominees today." Josh added. "Ugh, I shouldn't have called you all, how embarrassing would it be if I didn't even get in." Finn groaned before slumping down on the cushions.

"Hey, we are always right about these things, right man?" Josh looks over at Jack. "Hell yea, you got this." He assured. And just like on cue, Finn's phone started going off, alerting everyone.

"New York, Unknown caller ID..." Finn read out the number, raising an arm up. "It's them." Josh assured. "Holy shit..."

"Hello?" The suspense in the room had only grew bigger as Finn tapped on the green button, holding the screen up his ear.

"Yes, speaking." Finn confirmed, eyes fixed to the empty floor. Silence filled the room as everyone intently watched while Finn listened to the other line.

"Alright, thank you so much." He spoke in a normal tone and straight face before ending the call, only building up the anticipation. "WHAT BITCH?" Enya yelled.

"Nominated for Lead Actor Drama." He announced in disbelief. "HOLY SHIT"
"CONGRATULATIONS, MAN!" Although it was no surprise that Finn is a great actor, each and everyone in the group had applauded and threw him compliments, expressing pride for this significant accomplishment of him. It truly was a big moment.

"Why is everyone screaming?" Avery cluelessly walked in, "Dad got nominated for a big award!" Jack spoke, picking the little boy up. 

As everyone celebrated over conversations and drinks of their own, Finn found his way to Y/N across the room.

"Congratulations..." She nods at him with a sweet smile. He returns it, gently inching closer to her face. Y/N had gotten the same idea, aiming for his lips. But to her slight dismay, he'd placed a kiss on her left cheek instead. "Mwa."

"Oh."

"Uh, I- I'm sorry, I just..." "It's okay." He chuckled at how flustered she got.

Honestly, Y/N didn't know where they stood, it has been a while since they've talked about "them".

Neither had brought it up either, since it truly is a delicate topic to discuss.

"Man, I ordered us some za's. They're on the way." Drew notified as he walks by. "Alright, man. I'm also expecting some other guests too." He replied.