016; irreplaceable

。\|/。

chapter 16

irreplaceable

。/|\。

Y/n

A mother's job never ends. Emotional, yet the rock. Tired, but keeps going. Overwhelmed, but never quits. Life changer, every single day. At least, its how Vivian raised me.

"Last night, I ate lucky charms straight out the box while watching Rick and Morty then the next thing I knew, I'm adopting Finn's kid. For a whole week." I whisper shouted on the phone.

"Ha! You're the babysitter now." Jack laughs on the other line. "Don't worry, Avery is a very nice and playful kid. and he likes you, right??"

"Yeah, I don't know about that. Also, he isn't all playful and clingy to me." I munch on the grapes in Finn's kitchen.

"That's odd. Maybe that's because you don't talk to him much." Jack says.

"Maybe." I sighed. "When are you coming home? Maybe Avery just needs your chaotic energy."

"I'm not home for until a week. Wait...you know what? I think we're gonna live here." He jokes. "Jack!!!" "I'm kidding, I'll be home next Friday." He says.

"Oh, okay. Uhm... I met Asher today!"

"My man!!! How's he doing??"

"He was nice. We'll hangout this week though, he insist I pick his brain for film stuff." I explained.

"That's amazing!" Jack beams up. ""So, I'll see you next week..."

"Alright, I'll see you. Have fun in there." "Alriiight, bye bye, good luck with Avery." I said my goodbye before pressing the red end call button.

"Good morning Avery." I smile at the little boy walking downstairs, his curly locks all over the place.

"Today, you are coming with me." I leaned down to tame his wild curls and carry him to the chair. "What would you like for breakfast child?"

"Daddy makes me oatmeal with chocolate milk." He says, resting his chin on his palms.

God, I remember when Finn made that very face when he gets all childish and pouty.

"Ight...

"Here you go." I filled up Avery's glass before taking a seat across him and munching on my own breakfast.

What the fuck do kids talk about?

"You're going to school soon, right? Which school are you going to???" I asked, trying to talk to him more just like Jack said.

"I don't know yet." He answers. "Ohh, alright." I nod and went back to eating. Well, that was bad. Maybe Finn and him haven't had that discussion yet.

"I like to study in big school like Emily." He speaks. "Hmmm. Who is Emily??" I asked.

"My playmate in daycare." "Oh, I see." I nod, before proceeding to text my employees.