029; sign of the times

。\|/。

chapter 29

sign of the times

。/|\。

Finn

The great Meredith Grey once said, "I think it's important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you."

and I couldn't agree any more.

My wife's death wasn't quick and unexpected, In such very little time, we knew what was coming. Along with that short period longed the pain and agony. and in those very little time, I was lucky enough to be able to express my love for her until the very last second.

The thing I'm most afraid of is Avery losing memories and love for his mother. Kids his age tend to start gaining memories and consciousness. It breaks my heart that this is one of the first things he remembers.

and so regularly, we talk to Mills and I tell him my very best memories with her.

"and my teacher said I did great! Thank you for always watching me, mommy. I miss you and love you." My heart warms at the sight of Avery talking sweet nothings into the vast night sky, by his window.

"Hey bubba..." I finally walk in. "and please please protect daddy! I will come back tomorrow mommy." He added before hopping off the window ledge and into my arms.

"Did you tell mommy about your class work?" I wondered, carrying him into the bed. "Yes." He yawned as he crawled under the sheets.

"Alright, sleep well baby." I whispered before placing a soft kiss onto his head. I glance across the framed picture of our little family under the lam, just before I turn the lights off.

"I miss you." I faintly whispered, placing a kiss onto my fingertips before delicately stroking the photo of Millie.

"Good morning!!" Y/N greeted as she walks into Finn's place, observing as Avery clung onto Finn's left leg while he walked down the hallway.

"Hi there." Y/N crouched down, before Avery hops off and dashes towards her, catching the boy in her arms. 

"There you are. He's super excited to see you today." Finn remarked, turning from the mirror and freshly showered. 

His damp curls heavy and sprawled over his forehead, Finn walked back to the mirror and slung his white button-up shirt over his torso.

"—Hey you, why are you so excited for today? Hm?" Y/N broke away and carried the little boy in her arms. "It's art day!" He cheered.

"All his materials are in the backpack, you're good to go." Finn remarked as he fluffed his curls, his shirt still undone as he walked towards Y/N. "Say goodbye to daddy."

"Wha– oh." Y/N tensed up at the presence of Finn, leaning in to hug Avery who was in Y/N's arms. "Hug!" Avery chanted and pulled Y/N in as well, causing Finn to sling an arm over her shoulder.