018; patience

。\|/ 。

chapter 18

patience

。/|\ 。

Y/n

"Look who's home!" Josh smiled at the kids as Y/N walked in with everyone in the living room.

Avery huffed before returning to the Lego playset.

"Well, Y/N can stay for a little while, right Y/N?" Drew looks up from the mat. "Mhm, sure." I agreed, setting my bag down on one of the seats.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Josh offered while going around his kitchen counter. "Water would be nice." I take one of the seats by the counter.

"Coming right up." Josh says before sliding the glass of water across the wooden countertop.

"How's Avery??" I wondered, taking a sip of water. "Mmm, he's great. He's getting along well with Jake, and he loves Drew." Josh answers while pulling out a bowl from a cupboard.

"That's good." I nodded. "I see you went to a studio today..." Josh took notice of the guest name tag on my chest. "Oh! uh, yeah...I visited a taping set." My hands reached to peel the sticker off my gray blazer.

"Ooo nice, what movie?" "Oh, Asher's project." "Hmmm, interesting..." Josh wonders before sliding a bowl of brown stuff in front of me.

"What's this??"

"Soup. It's a special Ovalle recipe I made." He slides a spoon on the bowl before asking me to try it.

"and I had a studio tour, it's amazing." I spoke while picking up the spoon to scoop out the soup.

Josh quickly opens his phone, dialing a number on the keypad while I gently blow on the soup, before taking it to my mouth.

"I wonder if Finn-- what the FUCK, Josh?! What's in this?? it's bad!" I immediately spit out the soup, filling my mouth with as much water as I can to was out the foul taste.

"ENYA! Y/N met Asherrrr." Josh yells on the phone. "Hey!!! Give me that!" I snatch his phone and put the call on speaker.

"I told you man, that soup tastes like feet. It sucks." Drew yells from the living room. "Language! There's children." I yell back.

"You went on the date!" Enya gasps in excitement from the other line. "It's not a date! Well, that's what I thought so." I explain.

"Spill."

"He like, tried to kiss me."

"Then??" "then??"

"He figured I wasn't ready and that was it, we said our goodbyes. I left." I explained.

"oooooooooo."