057; dream a little dream of me

。\|/ 。

chapter 57

dream a little dream of me

。/|\ 。

The first night sleeping away from your boyfriend wasn't just physically difficult but it got you thinking as well. You've had fights many times before but this one was particularly upsetting. You've just got him back, and here you are in the middle of a big misunderstanding.

How were you going to tell Finn that you did go to Canada that day, but you were out with a guy rather than celebrating with him? Let's say you do tell it, is this going to open an even bigger argument? Maybe you underestimated this situation too much.

It was already six in the morning when you caught a glance of the sun rays peeking through the curtains, realizing you have been laying awake for almost an hour.

You and Finn wake up just around this time and you've decided to leave the guest room bed and talk to him, before he leaves for a shoot. Once you stepped foot on the halls, you could already hear the children's songs playing from the TV at Avery's playroom, indicating that both of them are awake already.

"Good morning kid." You peek through the colorful room and spot the child on the carpet, chewing on a bread as he watched the visuals on the television. "Hello." He greets back, taking his gaze away from the screen. "Where's your dad?" You ask, gently tapping your fingers on the doorframe.

"Upstairs." He points. "Thanks child." You nodded, taking yourself to the kitchens to grab a little bite and drink before talking to your boyfriend. He must be preparing for that shoot he's coming at today.

The smell of freshly-ground coffee wafted through the air while you patiently waited for your toast to pop from the oven. This gave you the time to observe and appreciate the interior of the kitchen, as you've never really had the time to do it since your latest mornings here consisted of you and Finn being practically inseparable and not able to take your eyes off each other.

Once your toast was done, you made your way to the counter and poured yourself a cup of coffee; It's aroma now pulling you out of your sleepy and half-conscious state. But just as you were about to take a sip, you hear Finn's voice approach from behind.

"Ready to talk?" He questioned, and your eyes widen from the sudden presence.

"Yes." You replied, taking your cup down and facing your boyfriend.

To your surprise, Finn only had a towel on, resting just below his v-line and his long curls were up in a half-bun, showing off his chiseled features. Damn, this is gonna make it harder to talk now.

"Oh, that was easy." Finn remarked, pouring himself his own cup of coffee and sitting across from you. "I'm all ears." He casually spoke, leaning forward with his arms crossed on the counter. You took one deep sigh before opening your mouth to speak,

"Me and Louis exchanged numbers a long time ago. We haven't talked since and he thinks I'm still single so if you do the math, that's the reason he hit me up. Pretty simple." You shrugged. "I'm not dumb, you already said that yesterday." He spoke.

"What do you want me to tell then?" You ask.

"When?" He replied.

Well, you've already anticipated this. and you can't lie to him either. "Last year." You answered. "Hmm..." Finn nods, taking a sip from his cup. "Is that all?" He asks, as if he knows something. If you lie now, he'd be just angrier.