Chapter 57 - Adeline Forgot to Title This Entry

A/N - welp....I really kept my promise. I only uploaded one chapter in 2020. Guys, I'm so sorry and I truly understand why you've all given up on me 😂 dolorous_ , this is us teasing our readers by uploading a chapter of our books, saying we going to upload another and then disappearing for so long our readers could file missing person reports 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

 Guys, I'm so sorry and I truly understand why you've all given up on me 😂 dolorous_ , this is us teasing our readers by uploading a chapter of our books, saying we going to upload another and then disappearing for so long our readers could file ...

also...I totally didn't forget to come up with a proper chapter name...not at all.

...

Adeline -

"Get inside! Go straight to your room and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COME OUT!"

I suddenly jump as I hear the loud voice of Cass yelling, and the front door suddenly bursting open.

"Oh good god" Ashleigh says, as she suddenly dives into her backpack and grabs a pair of noise canceling headphones.

"WHAT IF I HAVE TO PEE?" Charlie asks back in a sarcastic tone.

"Okay, yes, that is a circumstance you can leave your room for" Cass says quietly, half defeated as she walks into the room, sighing and taking her jacket off.

"It's raining outside" Charlotte says, coming inside and acting like absolutely nothing just happened.

"Oh" I say back, a little surprised at the lack of information we're receiving.

"Mum, I'm hungry" George says, also coming inside. I watch as Cassie turns around and gives him the death glare.

"I'm not hungry?" George asks, quickly changing his mind.

"Charlie, where are you? Get out of the rain and go up to your room now. Jesus Christ, I'll have to deal with you later. Eliza, how's dinner coming along?" Cass asks.

"It's okay!" Eliza yells back, as everyone suddenly runs to the kitchen, hungry. Everyone except one person.

I look at Ashleigh as she looks at me and motions with her hands if she can take her headphones off or not.

"It's safe, you can remove them" I say.

"WHAT?" Ashleigh yells back.

"YOU CAN REMOVE THEM" I yell back.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Ashleigh yells at me. My god. This girl.

In one swift movement, I pull the headphones off.

"I said, you can remove them!" I repeat.

"Okay okay, no need to be so firm, jeez" Ashleigh says, rolling her eyes as she puts her headphones back in her bag.

I watch as Charlie suddenly trudges into the house, soaking wet. He looks like a guilty puppy, with his head hung low and the slow walk. He doesn't make eye contact with me, but does with Ashleigh.