Chapter 15 - Torquay & Surf Coast GP, Torquay

I think I forgot to mention in the introduction that Quinn Schache is played by Kiiara 😉

...

Adeline Isobel -

Got a secret, can you keep it?

I'd snuck three pregnancy tests back into the house without them being noticed, and kept them hid in the pocket of my jeans. Andrea always enjoyed going through my things, and if she found these, I'd be dead.

I ended up staying the night at Ashleigh's in Sunbury, where I took the tests. I think it's fair to say that it was the second most nerve wracking experience I've ever gone through.

Running across to the bus stop, I get the next bus to the Geelong station and then find the coach running to Bellbrae.

It's Friday, and Charlie's school break up for the holidays at 2:30 today, meaning for the first time in ages, he will return home. And I'm going to be the bearer of bad news.

...

I get off the coach on the great ocean road as I look around. How do I get to Charlie's house again? Oh god. I should've taken more notice last time, but it was dark. I couldn't really see that well. I haven't been to Charlie's house since, we normally just hung around Torquay, Drysdale and Geelong.

After about thirty minutes of me standing there, trying to remember Charlie's address by looking on google maps, a car stops in front of me, and the window rolls down.

"George!" I exclaim, smiling.

"Wasn't expecting to see you on this side of Geelong. Where are you headed?" He asks, turning the radio down.

"To your parents' house, actually. I have to tell Cassie something" I say.

"You couldn't tell her over the phone?" George asks, smirking.

"Not that kind of news" I say, smiling back.

"Hop in, but in the back. Romeo's up front today, the seat's all wet since we went surfing and someone decided to jump in the ocean when he was supposed to be on guard" George says, looking at his dog beside him. I nod as I jump in the back, throwing my bag down next to me.

"Thank you for this. I hope you're not going out of your way?" I ask.

"I have to stop at home anyway to grab my footy jumper, and then I'm heading straight to the airport. Ed's playing in Sydney tonight" he says.

"Oh. Are your parents and Charlie going as well?" I ask.

"Well, I don't know about Charlie and mum, but the sisters and dad will probably tag along. We all get free VIP tickets for every game, and airport tickets every interstate game, whether we're going or not. Charlie will probably be too busy cleaning his room, he's still in trouble for leaving it in the state it is" George says.