Chapter 84 - Collins St, Docklands

Adeline -

'I can't believe we're actually married'

Ashleigh celebrates loudly as she pops the cork from a large, expensive bottle of wine and showers her boyfriend and my husband in it. I eye Charlie carefully. Alcohol might not be the best choice here.

'Charlie, you can have a standard two glasses. Ashleigh, you're having none' I say firmly.

'Why can't Ashleigh have any?' Ed asks.

'Because wine sends her up the wall and makes her lose her footing and we still have to get to Geelong tonight' I say.

Ashleigh smirks at me as she has a mouthful of wine, straight from the bottle. I glare at her.

'It's your life I guess' I say, rolling my eyes.

'This is so much better than your first wedding. Man, that was so overdone to death, and all the Carlton people were irritating' Ed complains.

'There's two Carlton people here right now, tread lightly' Ashleigh whispers.

'I am not a Carlton person. I may work for them, but I'm North Melbourne at heart' I say.

'North Melbourne and heart, there's two things that don't go together' Charlie says as he leans back in his seat, looking over at the TV in the corner.

'I can't believe you got married in your work uniform, Adeline. The photos are hilarious' Ashleigh says, as she looks through her camera roll.

'Even Charlie dressed up a bit more' Ed says.

'I had to drop three kids off at my brother's in Brunswick, I didn't have time. Besides, this wedding is definitely far from a formal event. We're literally just at a restaurant eating' I say.

'And drinking' Ashleigh says, having a large mouthful of wine.

'Hey, what's that?' Ed asks, suddenly pointing to a photo in Ashleigh's camera roll.

'Nothing' Ashleigh says, quickly closing the app.

'It's a photo of Jack Silvagni' Ed says, looking up at her.

'What can I say? Eye candy boy gets me going' Ashleigh says, shrugging.

'You do realise he and his wife are in the process of suing you, right?' Charlie asks.

'Yeah, and? They won't win' Ashleigh says carelessly.

'I genuinely think you've got more shirtless photos of Silvagni than you have of me' Ed says, looking away.

'Templeton, that's my teammate you're stalking' Charlie says.

'It's one photo, Charlie. And you're in it too' Ashleigh says, as she brings up the photo of Charlie and Jack training.

'Adeline' Charlie whines.

'I know, she's insane' I say knowingly.

'I'm so happy for you guys, I always kinda knew you'd get married and it wouldn't be a huge event. I really can't wait to have our own wedding and kids, Ashleigh. Adeline and Charlie make it look so easy' Ed says. Both Charlie and I scoff.

'It's absolutely impossible' 'definitely not easy' we say in sync.

'Maybe we could get somewhere if you actually proposed to me' Ashleigh says. Ed rolls his eyes.

'Not yet, we're still young and need to go on tons of holidays and stuff' Ed says. Ashleigh rolls her eyes and Charlie smirks.

'Should we start heading to Geelong soon? It's getting late. I don't want to be mobbed by the idiots down there' Charlie says.