Chapter 66 - The Silvagnis, Abbotsford

Adeline -

'Charlie!' I yell, as I lay on the bathroom floor, sick as a dog.

Of course, no answer.

'CHARLIE!' I scream. He suddenly appears.

'Sorry, I was on the phone' he says.

'Can you please get Brigan out of here? I'm sick' I say, as I start dry heaving. Bloody morning *all day* sickness. I'm so over it.

'You can't be sick' Charlie says.

'Well, I am' I say, groaning as I put my hands on my baby bump. My stomach is doing backflips.

'But no. I'm having mates from the club over for dinner' Charlie says. Oh great. He's planned things.

'Who?' I ask.

"Well, let's just say I hope you and Olivia got along well, because she and Jack are coming over for dinner tonight" Charlie says. I roll my eyes.

'I don't want that spoilt rich bitch in my house' I say. Charlie rolls his eyes.

'Ashleigh's also spoilt and rich, and I don't really like her but she's always here' Charlie says.

'Watch it, mate. I'll tell her you said that' I threaten.

'Please dont' he says.

"Charlie, did it not dawn on you to ask me first?" I ask, incredulously.

"Relax, I can cook, and we both have two kids, not just you" he says. I roll my eyes, unhappy with the plan.

"You burn toast" I say, rolling my eyes again.

"Whatever, I'll work something out" he says.

"Who even is this Jack? And why have you called that girl...three different names already?" I ask, feeling a tad bit of jealousy there. I'm so so sick and can't think.

"Jack Silvagni...you know, my best mate from work" he says. I give him a blank look.

"Come off it, Addie. I've talked about Jack since the draft." Charlie says.

"I don't think you understand that I have absolutely no interest in the Carlton Football Club or their players, apart from you and Ed of course"

"Jack Silvagni. You know, Stephen and Jo's son? Jack? The guy I do basically everything with?" He asks.

"Isn't that Zaine Cordy?" I ask. Charlie facepalms.

"NO! Jack Silvagni and Doofy are two completely different people - one is normal, smart and good looking, and the other is an idiot" Charlie says,

"Yeah, Zaine is pretty good looking" I say, stirring Charlie up.

"For Zaine to be considered good looking, hell would have to freeze over first" Charlie says. I roll my eyes.

"Why can't you ask me first? I really can't be bothered being sociable tonight. I'm sick and I just wanna throw my sweatpants on and watch TV" I say.

"Yeah, don't we all" Charlie says. I roll my eyes and that signals the end of our conversation.

...

Jack and Olivia are two minutes late. It's freaking Charlie out.

"Addie! What the...what are you wearing?" Charlie asks, seeing my sweatpants, singlet, and hair thrown up into a messy bun.

"I have two kids, Charlie. Believe me when I say I have no energy to dress up tonight" I say, holding Bailey, who pushes against me, trying to escape.