Chapter 63 - Adidas, Emporium

Adeline -

I've lost all interest in my journal as of recently. I'm sorry.

It's been two months since I last wrote here, meaning that my last update I told you that Ashleigh and I were sitting at Melbourne Central. However, midway through recounting the day, Brigan snatched my book and ran off with it.

I haven't been bothered to keep updating since.

My life at the moment consists of four things - school, kids, pregnancy and trying to follow Ashleigh's journey of studying two separate degrees at two separate schools. I guess, five things actually. My relationship with Charlie is also worth writing about or mentioning. He's staying in the North Melbourne area, so I don't see him much at the moment. He's throwing himself into heavy training at the football club. I'd say I'm proud, but it's also a good excuse for him to avoid spending time with Brigan and Bailey. He also called our son by his proper name, Lachy, to the media the other week, so I think I'm quite literally going to kill him.

I'd write in my journal solely about the course I'm doing. I started having technical issues on my laptop, so the school had to arrange for me to do some stuff face to face in Hawthorn. I'm exhausted. Going all the way to the other side of Melbourne isn't a nice experience when your husband isn't staying at home, and your in laws are working so you have to find other arrangements for your two young children. I'm sorry, Twinnies.

School just takes up so much of my valuable time. I hate writing about it. It takes up just about all of my week, and then writing about it takes up more time as well. A never ending cycle.

I guess I should write down that I've also been offered a job, at Adidas in Emporium Melbourne. I don't know how to feel about it. I barely have any relevant experience. I think the only reason I got through with the Adidas talent team, was because my partner is an AFL footballer and Adidas have signed him as a major sponsor.

So, because I'm now working in the CBD, and as there is barely any room at the house in North Melbourne - I'll be staying with Zaine, in his new townhouse in West Footscray, with the twins. I don't know how to go about this. I'm going to have to put them into daycare or something, and soon.

But nonetheless, here we are and my first day at Adidas is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

...

'Hey girl, look at you!' Ashleigh exclaims as she walks up to me, where I'm standing behind the counter and register. Anxiety is just overtaking me today. My supervisor keeps barking instructions at me and I don't think I've been shown how to use the till properly. I'm also useless with maths and people, everywhere are constantly asking me 'where are these shoes?' 'Do you have these in yet?' 'Do you have these in a size 10?' 'Do you carry Nike runners?' People really need to start looking with their eyes.

'Hey. What are you doing here?' I ask quietly, as I glance around looking for my mean supervisor.

'I thought I'd surprise you on your first day' Ashleigh says, as she takes a sip from her shake.

'Mm. Did you know they have a boost juice here?' She asks.

'Yes, considering nearly every major shopping centre if not all, has a boost juice stall' I say. Ashleigh rolls her eyes.

'Cheer up buttercup. I'm gonna make you look good right now' Ashleigh says, as she disappears into the aisles of shoes. I roll my eyes and bite my cheek. I don't trust her. If she causes mayhem I'm probably gonna have to call security, and Ashleigh HATES security.

I lean against the counter as a customer comes up to be served. I help them with their query as Ashleigh suddenly walks over to all the clothing racks, with six shoeboxes in her tiny hands. Oh my.