Chapter 120 - Dow & Polson, Richmond

Adeline -

'Can I have this?'

I look over as Paddy Dow opens a box on the couch and looks through its contents, picking up one of Jayden's hats he must've left with Charlie years ago.

'Why?' I ask, confused. Paddy shrugs as he puts it on his head.

'It looks cool' he says.

I shake my head before returning to the foyer where I start taking my framed pictures and mementos off the wall.

'Bro, your name doesn't start with a J' Cam Polson says, walking over and noticing Jayden's JDS initials on the front of the cap.

'It could' Paddy says.

'What would your name be then?' Cam asks.

'I don't know. Jaddy? Jatrick?' Paddy tries, shrugging. Cam sighs as he takes Paddy's new hat off.

'Did you two come here to help or to go through my things?' I ask, looking over.

'It's not everyday we're usually invited to the main people's houses' Paddy says.

'Yeah, no one at work really likes us' Cam agrees.

I sigh as I resume putting the photo frames away.

'So Adeline, tell me again why you invited us over to help you pack up your things while your husband is strategically out at the same time with Fish?' Cam asks.

'Zac, please'

'No'

'Please?'

'No'

'I'll buy you something from the cafe'

'I work in the cafe, that's an insult'

'C'mon Zac. I'll set you up with my friend that you really like'

'Don't be so desperate! And besides, I'll be working. I take my job very seriously'

'You hate your job'

'I know I do'

'So you'll do it for me then?'

'NO, Adeline. I'm not breaking up a marriage. And I'm not keeping half of that marriage out of the area for you'

'You know you want to'

'Don't manipulate me, Adeline. I'm kinda busy right now'

'You just told me you were sitting on the couch doing nothing'

'It's still something, clearly I'm relaxing. At least, I was until you called'

'Zac, please. I won't ask for anything like this again, it's just that I need time to get my things boxed up before he can come and stop me. I'm moving. I don't care what he wants. I'll probably have to stay at Ashleigh's for a few weeks, until I can secure something on my own. Our money is shared and I bloody hate it' I say.

'Well that sucks and all, but I'm still not doing it'

'Zac...'

'Nuh uh. Not in this lifetime, kid'

'I have Bella's phone number right here'

'Why do you hate me?'

'All you have to do is keep Charlie out of the Richmond and Toorak areas for the day and it's yours'