Chapter 26 - Eastern Beach, Geelong

Jane Williamson is played by Katie Deledio ☺️

...

Adeline Isobel Plowman -

"Man, do I hate the rain"

We walk in a group of three along Eastern Beach in Geelong. Why Zaine had to come with us, I don't know. All he keeps doing is complaining. Seriously, it's driving me crazy.

"And why is that?" I ask, bored.

"It makes my hair go all stupid. You may not get it, but both Char and I understand the struggle perfectly of having curly hair, and what rain does to it" Zaine says, walking ahead of us, backwards.

"Nah, I'm good - I still don't enjoy being called that though" Charlie says, just to annoy Zaine.

"It's force of habit, sorry Charlie. Jayden and I always spent hours calling you Char behind your back. It's stuck with me now" Zaine says.

"I always knew you were a pair of backstabbers, yet my brother deemed me crazy whenever I brought it up" Charlie says. Zaine smiles cheekily.

"Did I just come today to hear you two complain all day?" I ask, getting irritated. I've had enough of being pregnant. I'm sore, and I'm tired and snappy. And hungry. All the time.

"Anyone up for the ferris wheel?" Zaine asks, as we pass the carousel.

"Please, I'll be sick. Not only am I growing two children, but I also have a fear of heights" I say.

"Yet you rode Charlie and got pregnant to him" Zaine says, laughing. I fold my arms over my chest.

"Be careful, mate. Her pregnancy hormones are insane at the moment. I copped it last night for sitting an inch too close to her on the couch" Charlie says.

"That's understandable though. You're annoying" Zaine says, finding my struggle agreeable.

I focus on the footpath and destination ahead - the train station - so I can go home to bed and sleep. The cool breeze feels nice against my face.

It's around 3:30 now - both the boys had a free period for their last session and left early. We'd all planned in advance that I'd meet them at their school - and we'd go to the beach together.

Zaine suddenly trips up the path and falls on his arse as he sits up, laughing. Charlie was filming him too.

"Good job, but the landing could've been more realistic" Charlie says.

"More realistic? I fell over my own foot and went head over arse! How more realistic do you want?" Zaine asks, standing up and running after Charlie, adamant to delete the video before it's published on Instagram to Charlie's followers. I heard that Ashleigh unfollowed someone in order to follow Charlie. I also heard that someone was me.