Chapter 137 - Another Night in Paradise, Another Unknown Location

Adeline -

'Your go' I say, as I step back and away from the table, leaving Lewis to have his turn.

I watch as he neatly lines up his pool cue with the white ceramic ball, perfectly hitting it and sending a few balls into the nets under the table. Who knew that both of us were so good at playing pool?

Lewis high fives me as he walks around the table, going to take another shot.

We've been in here for 2 days so far. No freedom, no food, no anything. It's just a large empty pool room with a grey couch, pool table, and a few water containers and a water filter. I guess we got lucky, because some of the other unlucky people probably wouldn't even have the water to keep hydrated or the pool table to keep their minds active.

We also have two windows up on the wall near the roof. Lewis stood up on the pool table yesterday and tried to open the stupid windows, but of course, Devon or whoever runs this psychotic place has already thought ahead to lock them.

We have no sense of the time because there's no clock in here. The windows are frosted so we can't see daylight or evening clearly. I mean, at least we have each other and we're not fighting. Lewis hasn't spoken one single word in all the time he's been here. While it's difficult and communication is mostly one sided, at least he listens.

Devon comes by every morning, evening and night with his ridiculous gun trying to threaten us and keeping us scared. For the most part, I don't buy his act and I'm over it. It's Lewis who seems to be most absolutely terrified of him. He always cries whenever Devon leaves. It's painful to see.

We jump as someone suddenly bangs on the door loudly, screaming 'HE'S COMING!'

Lewis drops his pool cue as I put mine against the wall and run over to him, grabbing his arm as a million thoughts visibly show across his face.

The door bangs, then opens, and in comes Satan himself.

'Hungry?' He asks in a sing song voice, as he reveals a brown paper bag with a Hungry Jack's logo on it.

'Boss says I can't just keep you all locked up in here without feeding you...that's all you get' Devon says, throwing the bag at Lewis, who catches it.

'Curnow - our modest interferer, hi. I made sure to order extra onions on everything...and instead of fries I ordered onion rings. Thought it would be a nice touch' Devon says, smirking as Lewis puts the bag on the pool table and rummages through it. I sigh.

'How do you know about my allergies?' I ask, folding my arms.

'A little birdie told me. I assume you won't be eating this, pretty good and well anyway since you could lose a few pounds...Young, I want you to finish every bite of both meals' Devon orders, as Lewis rolls his eyes.

'Oh and Lewis? Say thank you next time...that is if you care about your precious sisters' Devon says, again smirking as Lewis drops the bag and looks over in alarm.

'Now now, no harm has come to them yet, but it's just such a shame I happened to catch Maeve on my trip outside earlier. Nothing will happen to her...if you do what I say' Devon says.

'WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?' I yell, knowing it's the question Lewis wants to ask most, but can't.

'I might let this video do the speaking for me' Devon says, as he reveals an iPad from behind his back, showing footage of Lewis's older sister on a secret camera locked in a dark room.

'PLEASE LET ME OUT OF HERE! PLEASE!' She screams hysterically, as she continues banging on the wall.

'I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!' She continues yelling, in tears.