Chapter 114 - Jack Silvagni

Disclaimer - no offence, humiliation or wishes towards Jack or the Silvagni family. This is something I've had written in the book for years, as it's something I've gone through myself and I want you all to experience how Adeline and her friends will overcome it. This book is not a real life profile of real names involved. I love Jack Silvagni to death, this chapter and the coming ones have personally been really hard to write and plan and they have been in I suppose production since mid 2018. It's now mid 2021, that's how long I've put off having to write these not so nice but hopefully inspiring chapters. Sometimes the hardest chapter, sentence or lyric to write....well, they usually make the best ones.

...

Adeline -

'Go away, Ashleigh' I groan, as I answer her fourth call.

'I just wanted to see if you're okay. Mum or Scarlett can make soup or something, and I can bring it around. Bring Freyer in for a visit' she says.

'I really don't want to be babysitting your daughter right now Ashleigh, I have three kids of my own that I don't even know what to do with' I say, snapping.

'What about the soup? Food?' She asks.

'I'm not sick, I'm not anything. I just really want to be left alone right now. I don't need food. I have a kitchen stacked with it' I say, trying to make my voice sound more upbeat. It doesn't. It sounds absolutely lifeless and terrible and I know Ashleigh would have picked up on that.

'Please just let me bring you some food around. I'm worried about you' she says.

'Goodbye Ashleigh' I say, hanging up the phone as I gingerly lay it down on the bed next to my pillows again. I feel like I might throw up.

I have no appetite. I couldn't even eat if I tried due to the growing nauseous feeling bubbling away and eating in my stomach. Not only that, but simply - I don't deserve to eat. I don't deserve to talk to Ashleigh. What if I do something that makes her next?

My phone starts vibrating again as I look over to see she's calling me again. I sigh and let it go to voicemail. I cannot be bothered with her or anyone today. I just want to lay here and die. But dying's not an option so I'll pick zombie Adeline instead. It's not like I have a choice anyway.

My phone stops vibrating as Ashleigh's sent to voicemail but then starts up again. I look at the screen to see Joshua Dunkley displayed across the top.

'Hello?' I ask, reluctantly answering my phone as I hold it in my shaky hand.

'Hey, is this Adeline?' Josh asks, sounding a tad confused. I move the phone back up to my ear as I feel my stomach growl, making me want to run to the bathroom and throw up.

'Do I really sound that horrible?' I ask, trying to raise a laugh within myself. I immediately curse myself for trying to make light in this horrible situation. I don't deserve to be happy because I took someone else's happiness away.

'I don't mind, really, it's understandable. How...how are you?' He asks, shock in his voice still evident from the news that broke early this morning.

'I'm okay' I say. Lie.

'You don't sound okay. Can I make you something to eat and bring it around? I know you're in quarantine and all, but I can just leave it at the door and take off again' he offers.

'I'm sorry Josh, I have food here. Also - our quarantine ironically finished this week. We're fine, Charlie's at work' I say.

'So what are you doing then?' He asks.

'I'm....watching the kids. Playing with them. They're really into these new toys at the moment' I say, lying as I swallow, my dry throat feeling like razor blades.