161 - Collingwood, Footscray, Templeton

A/N: no offence is directed at the daicos family. obviously this book is a work of fiction and nick's story is not meant to be read as a real life profile on him, his name or his family. thank you for your support and welcome to the story, collingwood fans :) i was also going to have adam treloar play himself in following chapters, but i've decided to give his character a different name and story. please be aware his events will be the same (if not slightly different, exaggerated) as his saga of leaving collingwood and joining the dogs, as part of this character was originally based around him.

• Adam Treloar portrays Evan Stone-East •

...

Ashleigh -

'Does anyone find it strange that nobody's come after us? I've been checking my watch constantly. It's a brand new day. Nobody's made an appearance'

The Collingwood player we'd either stupidly or intelligently recruited to help us, later identified as Nick Daicos, says this as leans against the wall.

'You did bring that trap door down earlier, separating us from the others. If Billy and Marie were on the other side of it, they're probably blocked off too' Taylor explains, as he quickly takes a break from jumping and climbing around, before adding 'your turn, Ash'.

'I can't help but to think we've fallen straight into an obvious set up. Doesn't anyone else feel like this whole thing has been too easy?' I ask.

'Easy or not, the three of us are armed. If anyone comes our way that we don't like the sight of, we shoot. Simple as that' Taylor says.

'We were all given these guns, the entire team, to protect ourselves. Protect ourselves when we're in the face of death, not if we see someone we don't like. We signed contracts. You guys can do the shooting, I'll just stand like James Bond and look gorgeous or something' Nick says. Taylor laughs.

'Dammit' I say, as I lose my balance and collapse on the sandy floor.

'You just can't keep your feet, and you're not even walking through the laser beams. How are we gonna get you to the other side? I'm so sure Nick and I will be fine, you on the other hand, I'm not so sure of' Taylor observes.

'You look like an athlete, Ashleigh, yet you can't handle standing on one foot' Nick says.

'I'm no athlete. I grew up with no limits to daddy's credit card and brought expensive clothes. This figure? I starved myself all throughout my teenage years and earlier twenties and find it hard to put weight on. Don't make assumptions about things you don't know, Daicos' I say, as Taylor helps me stand up.

'I think you're gonna need to lose the boots' he says.

'Taylor, these are Prada. I don't think I need to tell you why that won't be happening' I say.

'Well, the high heels certainly aren't helping you. Nick and I have witnessed you swinging and falling back on them several times throughout the night. You're the only reason we haven't gone through the beams yet' Taylor says tiredly. I sigh as I begin to unzip my left shoe.